delete this

I used to live there, in Veldhoven. (worked at the NatLab)

I remember once i also was into offroad cycling, lasted about 2 months. Got me a nice (affordable) mountainbike and went through the forest south of Waalre (there was a nice lake there). Got home and later took a shower. When toweling dry i found a tick eating its way into my leg. In the car to the Veldhoven hospital emergency room I went where they took it out and gave me two tetanus shots. That was the last time I went offroading thorugh the high grass.

Here in CH i still off road but only on wide forest roads making sure I do not touch any tall grass.

Lebowski said:
In the car to the Veldhoven hospital emergency room I went where they took it out and gave me two tetanus shots. That was the last time I went off roading through the high grass.

You wouldn't last long in Virginia. My wife likes to garden, and typically digs out several dozen every summer, with one of these.

https://www.tickedoff.com

She did end up in the intensive care ward for over a week, some years ago with ehrlichiosis.

Yep, count me in :) I'm from Meise.

bionicon said:
You can count me in.....from Belgium :D

Sorry for the late reply, but in which town/city do you currently live?

It is starting to get better weather, so I'm in for a ride soon

Bbeforart, we have an "event" this saturday in Belgium, near Leuven. PM if interested, so i can send you some info. We have started a private group (Lithium Power Bikes Belgium) on Facebook. Feel free to join.

Back