Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
Eddy Current   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 37
Joined: May 01 2019 10:35am

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Eddy Current » Jun 12 2019 10:08pm

And speaking in general (sorry if this is not the thread) but I’m the only one that found a lack in fs ebikes/frames for xc riding? I know xc “spirit” is not the same that enduro but road is even more “physichal” than xc and there’s a lot of road ebikes

I don’t know a eBike with native xc geometry, genuine 29er frame, 100/120 FS

Again sorry if this is off topic

User avatar
El_Topo   1 W

1 W
Posts: 55
Joined: May 30 2019 3:28pm

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by El_Topo » Jun 13 2019 12:18am

Animalector wrote:
Jun 12 2019 7:18pm
the issue is chainline... to get the chain past the big fat tires you need to move the motor out-ward, but since the motor is only 'so-wide' you end up shifting the whole thing to the drive side, which is a problem on the non-drive side...

might be possible but I don't think you can just drop in a new rear triangle.

Andy
Thanks for the reply, Andy.

Chainline isn't that much of an issue on a fat bike as it is made out to be . You basically need two things to move it outwards to 65 or 75mm while still keeping the motor centered:
- a spider that pushes the chain line out by X amount
- cranks with a high offset which clear the chain (and chain stays).

All current the electric fat bikes do this (though in a terrible way with a resulting Q-factor of around 230mm) with a "normal" width motor, or its spindle to be more precise (Bosch, Yamaha, Bafang Ultra) not wider than the M600, so I consider this issue more or less solved whereas I still have no idea if you can just weld (or bolt in the case of a full suspension bike) a wider and longer rear triangle to a frame... :?:
Last edited by El_Topo on Jun 13 2019 8:21am, edited 2 times in total.

Eddy Current   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 37
Joined: May 01 2019 10:35am

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Eddy Current » Jun 13 2019 5:56am

El_Topo wrote:
Jun 13 2019 12:18am
so I consider this issue more or less s I still have no idea if you can just weld a wider and longer rear triangle to a frame... :?:
Well you definitely cannot do it on hardtail.

But if you do a new one on CF it’s going to be expensive. In my case for 3.8 tires I don’t see too much to alter the geometry of the frame but for 4.6 like you want might be different story


User avatar
El_Topo   1 W

1 W
Posts: 55
Joined: May 30 2019 3:28pm

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by El_Topo » Jul 20 2019 7:13pm

Drop Dead Fred wrote:
Oct 29 2018 12:05am
Found it just doing searches for M600. It is from TSC Bike, http://www.tsc-bike.com/products/show.php?id=41 , I sent them an email and Maggie responded that they will have sample 18" available end of Oct. Pricing is comparable to most others, PM me for exact otherwise just leave it at that.

I also sent an email to the Light Carbon people about the LCFS1075 availability and shipping. https://www.lightcarbon.com/new-enduro- ... ntalTab022
Almost a year later, are there any news or reviews on those frames and battery options for them, especially the first one?
According to reseller "Fang" the largest battery option is 450Wh, are they fo' real?

Drop Dead Fred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 120
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Jul 22 2019 12:45am

El_Topo wrote:
Jul 20 2019 7:13pm
Drop Dead Fred wrote:
Oct 29 2018 12:05am
Found it just doing searches for M600. It is from TSC Bike, http://www.tsc-bike.com/products/show.php?id=41 , I sent them an email and Maggie responded that they will have sample 18" available end of Oct. Pricing is comparable to most others, PM me for exact otherwise just leave it at that.

I also sent an email to the Light Carbon people about the LCFS1075 availability and shipping. https://www.lightcarbon.com/new-enduro- ... ntalTab022
Almost a year later, are there any news or reviews on those frames and battery options for them, especially the first one?
According to reseller "Fang" the largest battery option is 450Wh, are they fo' real?
Actually ended up ordering a frame from Risen bikes and also ordered a version 2.0 M600 from Frey.

While I got the Risen frame it had issues and they are sending a new one... more to follow.

Have not received the Frey 2.0 yet.

bradytimes   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Jul 13 2019 7:35pm

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by bradytimes » Jul 26 2019 2:22am

I also ordered the Frey 2.0 a couple weeks ago. They told me they plan to do the first production run towards the end of July.

Leeleeducati   100 W

100 W
Posts: 238
Joined: Jul 06 2015 8:38pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Leeleeducati » Aug 02 2019 8:59pm

Does anyone know if Frey sells just the frame/drive/battery? I sent a message a few days ago and no response.

Drop Dead Fred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 120
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Aug 03 2019 7:06pm

Leeleeducati wrote:
Aug 02 2019 8:59pm
Does anyone know if Frey sells just the frame/drive/battery? I sent a message a few days ago and no response.
Lee,

Frey only sells complete bikes. Or did as of the last time I asked in May 2019.

Probably boils down to that they are selling every complete one that they can build so why only do frames when the profit margin is higher.

Fred

Drop Dead Fred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 120
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Aug 03 2019 7:12pm

Drop Dead Fred wrote:
Jul 22 2019 12:45am
El_Topo wrote:
Jul 20 2019 7:13pm
Drop Dead Fred wrote:
Oct 29 2018 12:05am
Found it just doing searches for M600. It is from TSC Bike, http://www.tsc-bike.com/products/show.php?id=41 , I sent them an email and Maggie responded that they will have sample 18" available end of Oct. Pricing is comparable to most others, PM me for exact otherwise just leave it at that.

I also sent an email to the Light Carbon people about the LCFS1075 availability and shipping. https://www.lightcarbon.com/new-enduro- ... ntalTab022
Almost a year later, are there any news or reviews on those frames and battery options for them, especially the first one?
According to reseller "Fang" the largest battery option is 450Wh, are they fo' real?
Actually ended up ordering a frame from Risen bikes and also ordered a version 2.0 M600 from Frey.

While I got the Risen frame it had issues and they are sending a new one... more to follow.

Have not received the Frey 2.0 yet.
Update, Ivy at Frey said that my bike should be ready to ship between the 10th and 15th... So I'm figuring the 1st if I'm lucky.

Crickets from Risen\Anhui Liteduro. I now don't believe that they will send me a frame, just excuses. I guess I will have to chalk it up to, long on promise and short on delivery! Oh and a loss of about $900.00 including shipping.

Leeleeducati   100 W

100 W
Posts: 238
Joined: Jul 06 2015 8:38pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Leeleeducati » Aug 04 2019 9:50am

Sorry to hear about your luck with Risen, I had inquired with Mike there about a frame, he was more than willing to sell me something but I should change direction with that since there’s no delivery. I should also maybe mention there’s some concerns with members on ES And those should get sorted out before any further purchases. So the M09 is on its way for you? I’m looking into the M09 or TSC’s TSR881, they’re all slow to respond.

Drop Dead Fred   100 W

100 W
Posts: 120
Joined: Dec 16 2017 3:51pm

Re: Carbon Fiber e bike with Bafang M 600 mid installed with throttle

Post by Drop Dead Fred » Aug 19 2019 2:54pm

Leeleeducati wrote:
Aug 04 2019 9:50am
Sorry to hear about your luck with Risen, I had inquired with Mike there about a frame, he was more than willing to sell me something but I should change direction with that since there’s no delivery. I should also maybe mention there’s some concerns with members on ES And those should get sorted out before any further purchases. So the M09 is on its way for you? I’m looking into the M09 or TSC’s TSR881, they’re all slow to respond.
Hey Lee,

Yeah here it is the 18th and Mike at Risen still is not responding. The last email I received was on the 8th saying the frame as to be rewelded because they messed up the seat tube then heat treated unless I wanted it raw. Of which I told him to heat treat and ship but still no word or emails.

On a positive note my Frey 2.0 is boxed and waiting at customs for shipping. That was 31 days start to finish!
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (133.85 KiB) Viewed 690 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (120.07 KiB) Viewed 690 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (126.63 KiB) Viewed 690 times

Post Reply