Bafang bbshd

Cbisbaf

10 mW
Built a bike to get me to and from work. I built my battery pack from scratch and used Samsung 30q cells 4.2 fully charged. When using it after charging I got error 06 but I was under the assumption that the Controller and screen were rated to 60. The display is reading 58.6v but no power to anything due to overvolt protection. Is there any way around this.
It's a dpc18
Bafang bbshd
6000mah Samsung pack with a 45a BMS.

this is a common problem on these systems, with any pack over 13s. so if you use a 48v pack it should work fine, but a 52v pack, which is 14s, may only work if you odn't fully charge it.

for now you can put a 100w incandescent light bulb across the pack outputs to drain it down until it works, testing incrementally until you find the cutoff point.

there's a few threads about bbs systems especially recently for this problem, and the only effective solutions i've seen so far are

--send the system back to the seller for reprogramming to work on the voltage you're using, if they even can

or

--rebuild your battery to 13s

or

--just don't charge your 14s pack over whatever voltage the controller gives you the error code at.

the first one may not be cost-effective, if the seller is not local to you, because of shipping and customs costs

the second may be impractical, but possible

the third is practical, though you may want to periodically charge to full and then drain down to the voltage limit, so it balances the cells, which most bms wont' do unless it's at full votlage level.

EDIT: there may be a fourth option, which involves you reprogramming the BBS, and could brick it, making it completely unusable, and void all warranties, but has fixed the problem for some:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=100064

Thank you for the quick reply well that issue annoying haha. Is there not a resistor value s can change somewhere in order to fool the controller or even reprogramming myself. As I have already bought the charger and bms. Any help appreciated.

i found a post from 4 weeks ago on reddit about some bad controllers that went out from bafang. turns out a firmware update solves this. unsure how but i have spent my day trying to find this new firmware to no prevail. my issue is not to overvolt the controller but to just have it work. i know luna fixed it and Biktrix so im trying to get it from them but i dont think they will be of help as i didnt purchase from them. even offered money for firmware haha.

Here's the latest firmware for the BBSHD btw. that fixes the overvolt error: https://i.botox.bz/CRR10E5228E1050221_190418.bin

Edit: Okay, I just tried with the Bafang BESST Software and a CP2102 UART Dongle and wasn't able to get any response from the motor, the BafangConfigTool works fine but BESST can't connect to the motor at all.

Back