YALU New BBS-Style mid drive kit with external controler

qwerkus

10 kW
Anyone tried one of these:

92da2bb60f.jpg

a7a303c69c.jpg

Seems cheap a good potential for a large torque motor. Though the transmission gears seem tiny.

Source:http://www.yalumotor.net/new-item-electric-mountain-escooter-powerful-40km-50km-fast-speed-diy-bldc-ebike-middle-motor-kit-for-sports-fans-brushless-dc-motor-conversion-kit-ca-p0156.html

that's cool. I like that you can use your own controller and whatever freewheel you want. It would be nice to see what those gears look like. Buy one and take pics!

I just got this motor and I will give you an update when it is installed and running. Stay tuned.

Here’s my newly installed Yalu middrive motor. Running on 72v nominal (84V max).

Any updates on this kit guys? It does seem super-cheap and i do like the fact you arent tied to the Bafang controller. :shock:

I posted some pictures of my build using this motor but endless sphere didn’t publish it. I’m gonna try posting it on some photo website and I’ll show you the link of the site.

If you use the Attachments tab below the area where you type your text in when posting, you can directly upload the pictures, and then anyone that can see your post can see your pictures (unlike with an external website).

IMG_9498.JPG
[ATTACH type="full" alt="IMG_9500.JPG[/attachment
][attachment=1]IMG_9508.JPG"]1[/ATTACH]
IMG_9505.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9500.JPG
    IMG_9500.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 4,599
  • IMG_9508.JPG
    IMG_9508.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 4,600
The copy that I got is 60V 800w. Therefore the image is a bit different from the advertised picture. I used a 72V controller on this build and runs high speed. Can anybody show me how to regulate the throttle so it doesn't cause my bike to wheelie? Every time when I twist the throttle bike is on wheelie.

Zgal48 said:
The copy that I got is 60V 800w. Therefore the image is a bit different from the advertised picture. I used a 72V controller on this build and runs high speed. Can anybody show me how to regulate the throttle so it doesn't cause my bike to wheelie? Every time when I twist the throttle bike is on wheelie.

Thanks for posting the photo's!
It does look like a bigger more powerful motor. Did you order it specially like that? And what controller are you using? If it's a programmable controller you could change throttle ramp up and amps.

SlowCo said:
Zgal48 said:

Thanks for posting the photo's!
It does look like a bigger more powerful motor. Did you order it specially like that? And what controller are you using? If it's a programmable controller you could change throttle ramp up and amps.

The sales person told me that the actual motor is a bit different than the motor shown in their listing. The 600w-1000w has a bigger motor. I tried it on 52v and the throttle behaved like normal. I think I have to get a programmable controller if I decided to run it on 72V. At 72 volts the RPM had increased.

DAND214 said:
Looks nice. Looks bigger than I expected. Won't be rolling over any alligators with that one. Maybe wheelie over them.

Gotta wait and see if the gears handle 60 or 72 volt. Any parts available if needed?

Dan

Yeah, the sales guy assured me that I can order a spare parts from them. I tried it on 72V and my rear derailleur had broken.

These motors are massive in size compared to their ratings, they might be able to do 4-5x of that. Someone has to get to the end of it... :D
Although if it has plastic gears, more like 2.5-3x.

Back