B-500005-24A - is this the 400W Kollmorgen?

yoyoman

1 kW
Can someone tell me what the model number of the 400W Kollmorgen motor that can be reversed is? Is it "B-500005-24A" ?

lvn74.jpg

Nope, not the same model. Rats. this was only $65 after shipping. I need a hi-torque motor to beat my gas powered coworker

I think any of them can be reversed if you swap the wires around. You can also just bring the wires out to an external controller (then you can run more power) :twisted:

They may all be reversible, but do they all climb hills as well as the 400W hi-torque motor? My test route has a significant climb, and the torque would help.

Aside from that, do you think all can handle 48V 20A? I have the lithium and controller, but no motor.

Definitely not the same motor, I bought a couple. They are about 2cm narrower and a lot less torquey, also the current limit in the contoller is set quite low at about 18-20 amps versus 35 amps with the 400w. May be OK if you ditch the internal controller in favour of an external though running at 48v.

There are a lot of hills be/w me and the campus where I work, and so a good torquey hill climber would be good. I saw superkids has it for $75, and after tax and shipping it's just under $100. I think that's probably my cheapest route to 48V goodness.

yoyoman said:
There are a lot of hills be/w me and the campus where I work, and so a good torquey hill climber would be good. I saw superkids has it for $75, and after tax and shipping it's just under $100. I think that's probably my cheapest route to 48V goodness.

Wow, Kollmorgens have really going up in price lately. They are very good motors though. I've done well over 1000 miles on my koll that's been converted to 36 volts with an ecrazyman controller.

$75 is much less than the $129 they want for the already reversed one. I have heard stories about people buying them for $40, but those days are gone.

I hope I don't burn up the motor at 48v. I'm hoping the power will let me get up the hills faster and thus reduce the amount of time I'm straining the motor.

Back