Dengfu E05 and E06

I've just ordered one. I'll follow up again once I get it, should be the end of December. In my research I found the exact same frame is used by a number of western resellers, retailing at 2-3 times the price.

So far, I've found Dengfu to be surprisingly communicative and pleasant to work with. They made some tweaks to the components for whatever reasons, upgraded the rear shock to a RS Deluxe.

With that all said, I'm not walking into this blind. I used paypal with an Amex card. I've not had a lot of fun in the past making claims through paypal but vendors are usually shit scared if you mention contacting them, they don't want to get shut down. Amex on the other hand will refund a claim in days with the right paperwork.

My biggest concern next is the shipping, I'm pretty sure the packaging is going to be sub-standard. I went with sea, it was another $150 for air and I'm not in a rush. This is the build out I went with

Item Description Quantity Unit price(usd) Amount(usd)
1 E06 20" in UD matt finish, 12*197mm rear space (rear thru axle included) 1 $2,999.00 $2,999.00
2 Neco headset for E06 1
3 BAFANG M620 G510 1000W 48V 1
4 DENGFU Lithium-ion 48V 14Ah 672Wh 1
5 Suspension fork, air, 120mm travel, 1 1/8"-1 1/2" steer tube, 135x9 QR 1
6 RS DLX R 185X50 DB 2T MM TS B1 1
7 SRAM RD-SX EAGLE/ SRAM CS-PG-1210 EAGLE 11-50T 12S/ SRAM DB LVL/ SRAM SL-SX EAGLE TRIGGER/ BAFANG EB11 170mm 40T/ SRAM CN-SX EAGLE 12S/ 180mm disc 1
8 Aluminum Alloy, 80mm wide, fat hubs, 6-bolt, 135x9 front, 197x12 rear, DT spokes, 32/32 holes, all black (INNOVA 26er*4.0 tire) 1
9 ZOOM, suspension seat post, 31.6mm diameter, 100mm drop 1
10 HB006 handlebar 720mm in 3k matt finish 1
11 aluminum stem 1
12 normal black saddle 1
13 postage to USA by sea 1 $500.00 $500.00
Total $3,499.00

I think this build uses that frame. Looks a bit like the Luna X1 on steroids.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHvMNDBO1KM

HI "Radiorental", "EDIT SORRY I HAVE DELETED SOME STUFF I POSTED IN THIS POST AS I JUST REALIZED YOU ARE GETTING THE M620 NOT THE M600 DRIVE"

I hope with the 4" x 26" tires you still get some how a decent chain line, I am sure Dengfu has this worked out but keep us posted.
Good luck with it, I am sure you will enjoy this new M600 drive.

Also, if I can suggest that you check all your pivots that the M screws and nuts are torqued properly. My bike from Dengfu came with impropper torque settings and if things wiggle loose threads can get messed up and pieces lost. Also they cheap out on crappy tubes (or did so on my bike) so I would put decent tubes in or convert to tubless if you can.

All the best Radiorental.......wayne

radiorental said:
I've just ordered one. I'll follow up again once I get it, should be the end of December. In my research I found the exact same frame is used by a number of western resellers, retailing at 2-3 times the price.

So far, I've found Dengfu to be surprisingly communicative and pleasant to work with. They made some tweaks to the components for whatever reasons, upgraded the rear shock to a RS Deluxe.

With that all said, I'm not walking into this blind. I used paypal with an Amex card. I've not had a lot of fun in the past making claims through paypal but vendors are usually shit scared if you mention contacting them, they don't want to get shut down. Amex on the other hand will refund a claim in days with the right paperwork.

My biggest concern next is the shipping, I'm pretty sure the packaging is going to be sub-standard. I went with sea, it was another $150 for air and I'm not in a rush. This is the build out I went with

Item Description Quantity Unit price(usd) Amount(usd)
1 E06 20" in UD matt finish, 12*197mm rear space (rear thru axle included) 1 $2,999.00 $2,999.00
2 Neco headset for E06 1
3 BAFANG M620 G510 1000W 48V 1
4 DENGFU Lithium-ion 48V 14Ah 672Wh 1
5 Suspension fork, air, 120mm travel, 1 1/8"-1 1/2" steer tube, 135x9 QR 1
6 RS DLX R 185X50 DB 2T MM TS B1 1
7 SRAM RD-SX EAGLE/ SRAM CS-PG-1210 EAGLE 11-50T 12S/ SRAM DB LVL/ SRAM SL-SX EAGLE TRIGGER/ BAFANG EB11 170mm 40T/ SRAM CN-SX EAGLE 12S/ 180mm disc 1
8 Aluminum Alloy, 80mm wide, fat hubs, 6-bolt, 135x9 front, 197x12 rear, DT spokes, 32/32 holes, all black (INNOVA 26er*4.0 tire) 1
9 ZOOM, suspension seat post, 31.6mm diameter, 100mm drop 1
10 HB006 handlebar 720mm in 3k matt finish 1
11 aluminum stem 1
12 normal black saddle 1
13 postage to USA by sea 1 $500.00 $500.00
Total $3,499.00
Any news on the bike?
I am keeping eye on the thread, i have thought about ordering the same frame set, possibly with battery and motor, depends on the price and the quality of battery. I`d personally would order other parts from Europe (no custom fees). I would go with Bluto fork, and DT Swiss BR 2250 wheels with Schwalbe rubber. Should save few kilos as well. Shame that there is no fat bike frame set for Bafang m600 motor, wich imho is powerful enough, it would save few good kilos.

devean said:
Any news on the bike?

I've been riding the bike a while now and very happy with the purchase https://photos.app.goo.gl/cdgfHPAKMN1VVWR97

It does take a couple of months from order to delivery, I paid for surface shipping. Do note that when I unboxed the bike, which was well packed, there was a number of issues.

Missing charger
Most components needed to be tuned, e.g. headstock, derailleur, chainring etc etc were all loose.

That said, I documented the problems and demanded a small refund as I had busted a couple of chains before I realised I had some loose parts. Their support is very good - I got a second battery out of them plus a replacement charger.

There is two ongoing issues that I haven't quite figured out. First, it wants to pull to the right and after checking the obvious stuff I'm honing in on the headstock races might not be installed correctly. The second is that the gearing isn't quite right, I'm almost always in the highest gear and with the 12:1 the chain wants to be primarily run on the mid cassette. So I'm looking at a larger chainring.

So, again, very happy and would buy again, if I do buy another I'd go for the lowest price and upgrade components myself. The bike is quite enjoyable to ride without the motor on and it's a little short of being a 50cc scooter with power. I also started using it for my 17 mile / 26 km commute and if I nurse it I use a little over half the battery. A little disappointed the the final build wasn't dialed in but they owned up and made me right. It's no Specialized but for the price it can't be beat.

Nice! Do you by any change have weighed the bike with the battery installed? :D Im still thinking about ordering the frame and building the bike from scrap.

Hi.Thanks for the update and PM response. I am currently trying to work through an order for 2 or maybe more of these with a few upgrades. Thanks for the advice on doing some component upgrades yourself. They seem to want to use high end 12 speed Sram eagle components but I not convinced these are needed or suitable for this bike. Given the 160 nm torque I think the range of an 8 speed cassette and thicker chain designed to handle the torque is the better option.

I am wanting the ultra motor but with boost forks and a rear setup matched to 27.5 x 2.8 tyres. Both frames seem to have identical geometry from the side view. I would expect the fat bike has a wider rear spacing to fit the 12x197mm rear hub. I am trying to see if they can swap the front forks & rear assembly from their M600 frame as I assume this is a better setup for plus size tyres and rims.

I am also looking at sea freight to New Zealand and with winter approaching and lockdown still in force, I am in no rush. Just hope I can keep their rep focused on getting me prices and confirming the customisation as it is proving a challenge so far. Was expecting an update overnight but nothing came through. Any tips on this? Who did you deal with?

Cheers

Glad to hear someone in ES has experienced with this frame. I’m about to purchase the E06 frame to build a new fat bike for the beach.

Back