Cyclone 7.5KW Enduro Ebike Swingarm

josephm15234

10 mW
I recently found http://www.cyclone-tw.com/ after watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B5-j6M9ywc. Basically its a Cyclone motor inside a custom swing arm for an Enduro Ebike frame. This allows for a left hand drive and a 9 speed cassette/freewheel for pedaling.

SYqf8Dk.png

wJlnzzW.png

I emailed them and received a response quite quickly and had a few emails go back and forth but since then have not heard anything from them. The price for the 7.5kw swing arm kit shipped to British Columbia Canada was about $1300 USD. It comes with a freewheeling motor which I would not want as I'd like to run regen braking but since asking for a non-freewheeling kit I have not heard anything from them.

Has anyone else dealt with these guys? What sort of response times did you get? I want to order one of these kits but the longer it takes the more I'm thinking they're kinda shady. Its now been almost 5 days with no response :|

josephm15234 said:
I recently found http://www.cyclone-tw.com/ after watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B5-j6M9ywc. Basically its a Cyclone motor inside a custom swing arm for an Enduro Ebike frame. This allows for a left hand drive and a 9 speed cassette/freewheel for pedaling.

SYqf8Dk.png

wJlnzzW.png

I emailed them and received a response quite quickly and had a few emails go back and forth but since then have not heard anything from them. The price for the 7.5kw swing arm kit shipped to British Columbia Canada was about $1300 USD. It comes with a freewheeling motor which I would not want as I'd like to run regen braking but since asking for a non-freewheeling kit I have not heard anything from them.

Has anyone else dealt with these guys? What sort of response times did you get? I want to order one of these kits but the longer it takes the more I'm thinking they're kinda shady. Its now been almost 5 days with no response :|

They are cyclone. THE cyclone. If you don't get a response, it is because they think you are wasting time/don't mean business or are busy talking to someone else. Typically if you don't get an answer in 12h, they missed your mail and will have to rephrase it showing a clear intention of buying it.

I got a full bike from them, they are what you expect in terms of quality/after sales service for something done in very low volume in taiwan(take it or leave it).

Tommm said:
They are cyclone. THE cyclone. If you don't get a response, it is because they think you are wasting time/don't mean business or are busy talking to someone else. Typically if you don't get an answer in 12h, they missed your mail and will have to rephrase it showing a clear intention of buying it.

I got a full bike from them, they are what you expect in terms of quality/after sales service for something done in very low volume in taiwan(take it or leave it).

I don't see how they'd think I'm wasting their time or don't mean business since my last email I sent to them before they stopped responding was literally I'll buy one with a non-freewheeling motor. I'll wait and see if they end up responding.

Thanks though. Nice to know they are legit

Seems you got your answer, only available in the freewheeling version.

As stated, take it or leave it.

Now if you were an importing builder looking for a container full, they might invest a little time in discussing things further.

josephm15234 said:
I don't see how they'd think I'm wasting their time or don't mean business since my last email I sent to them before they stopped responding was literally I'll buy one with a non-freewheeling motor. I'll wait and see if they end up responding.

Thanks though. Nice to know they are legit

I'm not saying if they are right or wrong about something. Your email got read, put off to later, and is on page 3 or 4 somewhere now, and will never resurface. It has happened to me too a few times. I wrote exactly what you have to do.
Btw, if you plan on using their controller for regen it is piss weak at regening, I suggest buying your own controller that is proven to have a good regen.

You can also take the freewheel to a machine shop and they can weld it shut. As the other poster said, they are unlikely to entertain one off requests for a reasonable price(they charged me $100 for a non standard pas install).

Tommm said:
I'm not saying if they are right or wrong about something. Your email got read, put off to later, and is on page 3 or 4 somewhere now, and will never resurface. It has happened to me too a few times. I wrote exactly what you have to do.
Btw, if you plan on using their controller for regen it is piss weak at regening, I suggest buying your own controller that is proven to have a good regen.

You can also take the freewheel to a machine shop and they can weld it shut. As the other poster said, they are unlikely to entertain one off requests for a reasonable price(they charged me $100 for a non standard pas install).

Hmm okay. I have a Sabvoton SVMC72150 controller currently but was thinking of going to a BAC 2000 depending on how well it works with the Sabvoton. I've emailed then on another email account that doesn't have my name attached to it say I want to buy one of the kits so hopefully I get a response soon.

Yah that's actually what I was just thinking about this morning was I could just have it welded or a new pulley made for it if they don't offer it with a non-freewheeling option

josephm15234 said:
Tommm said:

Hmm okay. I have a Sabvoton SVMC72150 controller currently but was thinking of going to a BAC 2000 depending on how well it works with the Sabvoton. I've emailed then on another email account that doesn't have my name attached to it say I want to buy one of the kits so hopefully I get a response soon.

Yah that's actually what I was just thinking about this morning was I could just have it welded or a new pulley made for it if they don't offer it with a non-freewheeling option

You don't need another account, just a follow up, they only reply to interesting mails, not quite sure how to but it, but it is the Chinese way.

Tommm said:
they only reply to interesting mails, not quite sure how to but it, but it is the Chinese way.
Not just Chinese, many Asian cultures.

The shopkeeper by default has higher status than the customer.

Almost like they are doing you a favor allowing you to do business with them.

Nothing like the western (American) concept of customer is king, always right, etc.

The other factor is, staff with good English are higher status and more expensive.

And are rarely those with the technical knowledge, those are not used for customer-facing (low status) roles.

The overall boss (investors, owners) are often far removed from actually supervising detailed operations.

The manager may be a family member or other personally trusted family-connected friend, not necessarily those with the skills and motivation to perform well.

Maintaining status ("face") is more important than maximizing income.

Just be grateful you (as Gweilo) don't need to make your living in such a workplace.

So I ended up getting a reply by changing my subject line and saying I want to buy it. They sent the invoice and when I attempted to pay for the kit my card was declined. They sent another invoice and declined again. I asked him to send me another and I will contact my bank to get them to allow the transaction but now no response again.

I'm thinking I'm just going to go for a Lightning Rods big block swing arm kit for my mid drive since its just been such a hassle trying to get this kit ordered and the Lightning Rods one will work with my controller. I'll just need to lace up a new wheel with the new hub that comes with the kit

josephm15234 said:
So I ended up getting a reply by changing my subject line and saying I want to buy it. They sent the invoice and when I attempted to pay for the kit my card was declined. They sent another invoice and declined again. I asked him to send me another and I will contact my bank to get them to allow the transaction but now no response again.

I'm thinking I'm just going to go for a Lightning Rods big block swing arm kit for my mid drive since its just been such a hassle trying to get this kit ordered and the Lightning Rods one will work with my controller. I'll just need to lace up a new wheel with the new hub that comes with the kit

Do you live in the UK? Their shiitty form doesn't support proper addressing. So if your bank requires the correct address, their website won't be able to match it. Anyway, after a few tries they will offer either bank transfer or paypal. One is slow the other one has fees, they won't make you pay for them though.
What is the price on the LR kit? The qulbix one looks good, but the eeb variant hangs hella low.

Tommm said:
Do you live in the UK? Their shiitty form doesn't support proper addressing. So if your bank requires the correct address, their website won't be able to match it. Anyway, after a few tries they will offer either bank transfer or paypal. One is slow the other one has fees, they won't make you pay for them though.

I live in Canada. Yah, my guess is the address wasn't matching properly so my card was declined by the bank because of the mis-matched address informations.

I asked about Paypal or some other payment method and got no response on that either.

josephm15234 said:
Tommm said:

I live in Canada. Yah, my guess is the address wasn't matching properly so my card was declined by the bank because of the mis-matched address informations.

I asked about Paypal or some other payment method and got no response on that either.

They are up in different times of the day you are, anyway sounds like you're on top of things now. You don't have to change the title just bug them, but it is ok either way.

Finally got a reply from Paco and arranged to send a bank transfer. So that's been sent and I should be receiving a swing arm kit with the 7.5kw Cyclone motor. Lead time is 3 weeks so I'll have to continue to wait but at least its been ordered now.

It looks like I won't be able to use the Sabvoton controller I have since it has a maximum eRPM of 30000. This motor has a max RPM of 4500 (without field weakening)and 8 motor pole pairs so the maximum motor RPM I'd be able to get at 30000 eRPM is 3750 RPM.

I'm undecided on what new controller to get at the moment. On one hand I'd love to get an ASI BAC2000 but they are extremely expensive. On the other hand I'm thinking of going for a Kelly KLS7250N as I've emailed Kelly's support and it can come with field weakening.

Anyone have any opinions on or know of any good controllers for the Cyclone 7.5+kw motors? I'd want something thats programmable with strong regen braking that can be variable with second throttle. Ideally something capable of around 150A continuous from the battery for power upgrades. Perhaps a Power Velocity controller? Looking more into them now

What about nucular controller? Its best controller I ever have.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75494
24F version wil be good for you

josephm15234 said:
Anyone have any opinions on or know of any good controllers for the Cyclone 7.5+kw motors? I'd want something thats programmable with strong regen braking that can be variable with second throttle. Ideally something capable of around 150A continuous from the battery for power upgrades. Perhaps a Power Velocity controller? Looking more into them now
I would go for the bac 2000. Maybe look for a deal on endless sales forum or facebook es sales group.

lukashanak said:
What about nucular controller? Its best controller I ever have.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75494
24F version wil be good for you

I have not seen these Nucular controllers before! They look like a very good option and seems like it would be the perfect controller. Finished reading all 31 pages. Controllers look promising and like a god choice. Going to contact them! Thanks for the suggestion!

Any updates?

hello i was wondering if the swingarm does fit a ebay enduro frame ? i wanna use a qs motor as a midrive , saw a motor for 300dollars that has 4000w nominal power , wanna go midrive , to get better handling , im using a sabovton 72150 stock controller , wanna unlock it , when i get my new batteries , i went for some aliexpress lifepo4 cells 3.2v 30ah ,that can handle 300amp peak or 5c discharge , the battery are somewhat heavier than lipos , but ive estimated around 15kg for the pack so , its allright , i only hope it will perform as in spec

neon said:
hello i was wondering if the swingarm does fit a ebay enduro frame ? i wanna use a qs motor as a midrive , saw a motor for 300dollars that has 4000w nominal power , wanna go midrive , to get better handling , im using a sabovton 72150 stock controller , wanna unlock it , when i get my new batteries , i went for some aliexpress lifepo4 cells 3.2v 30ah ,that can handle 300amp peak or 5c discharge , the battery are somewhat heavier than lipos , but ive estimated around 15kg for the pack so , its allright , i only hope it will perform as in spec

Most likely fits. Also qs mid motor 120 2kw is just a few mm bigger dia than 4kw cyclone, you can probably stretch it as it is steel.

Back