Anyone running a Cyclone motor on an EEB frame?

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys!
Just wondering if anyone has ever installed a Cyclone 3000 on an EEB (Enduro) frame?
Thanks!

It has been a week since you posted the question and no one has answered.

I have been waiting for someone to design a better e-bike frame, and one that can use a mid drive like the Cyclone 3000 w kit , and/or the GNG 2019 Cyclone 3000w kit.

The way most every e-bike frame is designed does not allow a good platform for a mid-drive, they are designed around a rear hub motor.
Vector bikes / the Typhoon Frame is shown with a BBS02 mid drive but even that frame needs a re-design for many reasons.

Since you are in Korea it is best to find a bike Bicycle Frame Manufacturer in your country , or in Tiawan if you can find someone there that will work with you. and Start making a frame that is better than any other hub motor e-bike frame.

You can contact me , also you can have someone in Korea / Tiawan contact me , come to the U.S. and meet with me and I will show you some design features that are necessary for a better e-bike frame.

Check this out (look for the post by LightingRods on Nov 26 2017 5:22pm towards the middle of the page with the pics of the Enduro EEB ): https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=82938&start=300

Notice the 2 plates ( 1 on each side of the swing arm at the dropout area of the EBB swing arm ) .

That is necessary to add length in order to fit the Big Block/ Small Block / a Cyclone motor , in front of the wheel .
also
that looks to be a small diameter wheel as well ?

rockstar195 said:
Check this out (look for the post by LightingRods on Nov 26 2017 5:22pm towards the middle of the page with the pics of the Enduro EEB ): https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=82938&start=300

[youtube]0C5hlyI6F1E[/youtube]

Cyclone have their own integrated swingarm.
Much better than even the lightning rod version. It is $700 including motor and controller.

I showed it to OP in the cyclone thread, he wanted nothing to do with it, he wants to keep his swingarm. So because of that, he would rather suffer with terrible quality motor mounts, snapping chains because of the stupidy high 2 stage gearing under any real power and freewheel issues. He will spend more than the difference in price in maintenance and hair pulling, but whatever floats his boat.

I found out about that Cyclone 4.8 kw motor and frame just a month or so after I bought my GNG 2019 3000w motor, So
( perhaps ) like the OP I am stuck , meaning my money has been spent on that . No more money for the 4.8 motor/frame , and now I must also find a e-bike frame that will accept the 2019 motor .

I am not in a hurry to sell the 2019 3k motor just yet because that 4.8 cyclone and most every e-bike frame just is not refined enough to keep up with modern times / modern bicycle geometries . Meaning Longer , Lower , and Slacker

All the e-bike frames IMHO should have much slacker head angles that are more suited to the higher speeds we do on performance e-bikes.
Head Angles of 63 degrees or even slacker, Note in the non-motor bicycle world more regular downhill and
enduro / all mountain bikes are now at 63-64 degrees of head angle . I see 62 degrees coming soon to the bicycle world .

So even though I understand all you are saying about the 2 stage gearing , destroying freewheels , etc. We still need a much updated e-bike frame to work with DIY Mid-Drives.

BTW I have 350 miles or more now on my 2019 3k motor bike and no or very little chain stretch , and no freewheel problems , I am careful to start off with low torque and increase speed and torque slower than on a motorcycle.

Tommm said:
Much better than even the lightning rod version. It is $700 including motor and controller.

I showed it to OP in the cyclone thread, he wanted nothing to do with it, he wants to keep his swingarm. So because of that, he would rather suffer with terrible quality motor mounts, snapping chains because of the stupidy high 2 stage gearing under any real power and freewheel issues. He will spend more than the difference in price in maintenance and hair pulling, but whatever floats his boat.

ScooterMan101 said:
I found out about that Cyclone 4.8 kw motor and frame just a month or so after I bought my GNG 2019 3000w motor,

If you already have it, it is a done deal, the GNG drive has most of the cyclone kit's bugs fixed, so it is as good as you can get otherwise.

Tommm said:
[youtube]0C5hlyI6F1E[/youtube]

Thats coz i already have the 3000w from another build laying around and also have an EEB kit from em3ev. Why wouldnt i try to try and makebthis work with everything here in front of me before handing over $1000 plus on new stuff??
If doing that floats your boat then you can do it first

Posted in the cyclone thread already. I've done it and removed pedals. Cut the mount to have more ground clearance.

Attachments

• 20200125_183704-800x360.jpg
    20200125_183704-800x360.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,256
Back