Bafang Ultra G510 - error code 11 & burnt controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wald

1 mW
Hello my name is "Wald"
I'm from germany, so if my english is sometimes a bit clumsy i apologise in advance.

Well my problem is that my G510 is giving me the error code 11:

38092247nu.jpg

So i took the motor apart and found this on the controller board:

38092255ar.jpg

38092256lv.jpg

Front side:
38092254qs.jpg

I contacted www.cnebikes.com where i bought it over a year ago but i doubt that they are going to help me.

Does someone know what has been burnt away on the controller??
And can i buy a spare part to replace it?

No idea but worst case perhaps you could contact Exess to see if they might sell you an upgraded aftermarket controller? I believe you will have to ship your motor to them (requires individual tuning). There are many advantages to the aftermarket controller in terms of efficiency and power delivery (not just additional power):

https://www.exess-bikes.de/news/ab-sofort-erhaeltlich-der-neue-exess-controller

It's the same controller that Watt Wagons will be offering. You can read some of the benefits here:

https://wattwagons.com/blogs/news/archon-x1-controller

I have already contacted Excess bikes and now waiting for an answer. But 390€ is not really cheap.

Is there perhaps someone who did upgrade his controller and is willing to check what is originally soldered on that specific spot?

Perhaps Excess (or Simon) can put you in touch with a customer near you that replaced their controller and is willing to part with it. The original looks packaged up nicely.

https://youtu.be/GjqsNET7xek?t=387

Just got an email from Excess/ Innotrace: 390€ for the controller + 39€ for installing and calibrating + 7,90€ for shipping. :?

Personally if I had an Ultra I would jump at the opportunity to ship you my motor, let you keep my controller, if you would ship the motor to Exess for replacement and send it back to me. :) But I will be waiting another month for my Ultra bike to arrive from Frey. There is no option here in the US to get the upgraded controller unless you buy it with motor.

If you need just the controller replaced I have seen them on ebay (perhaps a user that replaced theirs with an Exess controller).

https://picclick.de/Bafang-Ultra-G5101000-Controller-Platine-V15-1600w-293286334686.html

If cnebkes can't ship you a replacement controller it seems you can purchase the controller separately on alibaba or this US site (surprising as I don't believe they sell the ultra motor):

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/bafang-8fun-M620-MM-G510-controller_62404154742.html

https://california-ebike.com/shop/bafang-g510-ultra-controller/

Good luck!

Thanks for the links Tom,
that strengthened my decision to go for the Excess/ Innotrace controller. Because buying the original one plus shipping to germany and adding taxes would proberly cost me around 200€.

The Excess controller is costing me now 447€. That's why i've send my motor to Innotrace today.
They told me it would take 5 working days to put the new controller in, calibrate and test it. So i should get it back after next week.

Innotrace contacted me on tuesday and said that they won't upgrade my motor, because the built in temp sensor is causing a short circuit with the motor winding. So the problem i had with the original controller will likely occur with the new controller as well.
And they don't want to put a new sensor in because it will not read the temperatur inside the motorwinding, therefore the readings will not be accurate enough.

I don't know what to do?!

Maybe go for a phaserunner or buy a new motor?

Sorry to hear! Any chance your motor is still under warranty? Seems cnebikes might warranty motors for 2 years:

https://www.scribd.com/document/344994410/Warranty-Terms-of-Cnebikes

https://cnebikes.en.made-in-china.com/product/hjUnYcbCArVN/China-Bafang-Ultra-G510-48V-1000W-MID-Motor-Kit-for-Electric-Bike.html

Daxxie said:
I love my G510 with the Phaserunner. +3000W without a problem.
Does yours have the Hall sensors?

38166153rw.jpg

No it doesn't. Is it still possible to use the phaserunner?
I don't want to make a moped out off my bike by using only the thumb throttle!

@ Daxxie
Except from the pure power, can you still ride your bike like a "normal" bicycle??

------

fishingkris said:
Wald: Did you get an answer from CNEbikes yet?

Yes they finally answered and told me that i'm two months out of warranty and i apparently need a new controller! (after i showed them the burnt controller) :roll:
So i asked them what it would cost... waiting for an answer.

Update Monday 30.03: CNEbike just told me that the controller would cost 105 USD and shipping would be 45 USD with a delivery time of about 35 days.

-------

Does someone know what kind of thermistor Bafang is using in the G510?
The guys from Innotrace do not know that! But if i maybe could replace it by myself, they will be willing to put in the Excess controller. (probably without warranty).

Good news!

Innotrace called me yesterday and told me that they are now able to repair the motor (for additional 80€).
My guess is that they somehow took the stator out and checked the thermistor or replaced it?!

I should get the motor back early next week.

Congrats! Be sure to let us know how you like the new controller.

Innotrace has send me this picture of the thermistor wire.
They isolated the chafing and succesfully installed the X1 controller. Now the motor is ready to be shiped on monday.

Can't wait!

Attachments

• IMG-20200403-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200403-WA0000.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 4,269
On thursday the motor has arrived and i had time to install and test it.
Well now the Ultra has really more than enough power, but it is very well programed so the bike still feels like a bicycle. With the old controller for example you couldn't steadily hold your speed, it was more a pulsating riding with over aggresiv accelerating followed with idling because you were faster then wanted. It was difficult to hold constant speed.
Not with the X1 controller, it uses the torque sensor very controlled and that is giving you a feeling like someone is pushing from behind when ever you want it and how hard or soft you want it. (i don't know how to describe it better)

Today i made a longer test ride of 50km (showing some friends my poweful ebike and let them test ride it) including some high speed sections with over 50km/h but mostly riding with 30-35km/h in ECO 1, i managed to rundown the 15,5Ah batterie by about 50%. So i assume that with a more economic ridng i could make about 80-90km.

Awesome, thanks for the update. Seems to be money well spent, even it if was forced upon you by the ebike gods. :D

Wald said:
On thursday the motor has arrived and i had time to install and test it.
Well now the Ultra has really more than enough power, but it is very well programed so the bike still feels like a bicycle. With the old controller for example you couldn't steadily hold your speed, it was more a pulsating riding with over aggresiv accelerating followed with idling because you were faster then wanted. It was difficult to hold constant speed.
Not with the X1 controller, it uses the torque sensor very controlled and that is giving you a feeling like someone is pushing from behind when ever you want it and how hard or soft you want it. (i don't know how to describe it better)

Today i made a longer test ride of 50km (showing some friends my poweful ebike and let them test ride it) including some high speed sections with over 50km/h but mostly riding with 30-35km/h in ECO 1, i managed to rundown the 15,5Ah batterie by about 50%. So i assume that with a more economic ridng i could make about 80-90km.

Hello Wald,
Glad you are happy with the new controller. Do you have a USB connection for your PC? I'm interested in knowing the settings they have in the controller.

Cheers Shaphan

Tom said:
Awesome, thanks for the update. Seems to be money well spent, even it if was forced upon you by the ebike gods. :D

Yes i am very happy with it!

-------

shap08 said:
Hello Wald,
Glad you are happy with the new controller. Do you have a USB connection for your PC? I'm interested in knowing the settings they have in the controller.

Cheers Shaphan

I have a programming cable for the Bafang controller but it is not compatible with the X1 controller.
However Innotrace told me that there is an app in the work that allows you to tune the new controller, but only when you buy a X1 display for it.
We will see when it actually will be released.

Wald said:
Tom said:

Yes i am very happy with it!

-------

shap08 said:
Hello Wald,

Cheers Shaphan

I have a programming cable for the Bafang controller but it is not compatible with the X1 controller.
However Innotrace told me that there is an app in the work that allows you to tune the new controller, but only when you buy a X1 display for it.
We will see when it actually will be released.
Arh okay that makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

After looking for almost a year i found controller to G510 at Alibaba.com

Anybody have a blow up picture and spec of this controller, are it imposible to do some Mild midifications on it to draw some more amps ?

Been terrified to do much to it before now, very difficult to get spareparts and the shop who sold me the bike do not know shit

Sorry, just happy to find some info on this motor and hope you soon are riding again

They do not have much more but they got the controller :)

Attachments

• A6B9D000-80BD-403C-A68B-152EC96673E6.jpeg
    A6B9D000-80BD-403C-A68B-152EC96673E6.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 4,081
Sinhu said:
After looking for almost a year i found controller to G510 at Alibaba.com

Anybody have a blow up picture and spec of this controller, are it imposible to do some Mild midifications on it to draw some more amps ?

Been terrified to do much to it before now, very difficult to get spareparts and the shop who sold me the bike do not know shit

Sorry, just happy to find some info on this motor and hope you soon are riding again

I was also looking for spare parts but apparently no one knows which parts bafang is using on their controllers.
If you want more power look here : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/v...5671&p=1400892&hilit=luna+shunt+amps#p1400892

Hi !

Can’t see the pic, but i have read something like this beefore. My first worry is that if i try to override 30A limit programing i just get a error mesage. And reading the Luna modification, the used some «trick» running more then 30A, controller setting was at 25 but it drew 50A.

So it may be difficult to change the «hardcode» Software the controller is set up at bafang. Changing components to handle it may not make a difference ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back