Tongsheng tsdz2 and 99.9 speedo fault

I am having an issue when I am climbing and the bike goes very slow, it will read 99.9 and cut-off all aid.

system
36v 350w - std firmware
1 speedo magnet

when I disable speedo, this problem disappears with what appears to be no effect on torque curve.

questions.

1. does speedo input effect torque curve? and if not, other than speedo limits, what is the point of speedo?
2. would applying more magnets help this problem?

Thanks for any input!
Barrett

The stock firmware cuts power at 25 or 45 kmh (configurable), so at 99kmh it will not provide any assistance. I have had this problem and it turned out the magnet on the spokes was too close to the sensor. Just play with the distance between sensor and magnet and see if it goes away, that was all I did anyway :)

HrKlev said:
The stock firmware cuts power at 25 or 45 kmh (configurable), so at 99kmh it will not provide any assistance. I have had this problem and it turned out the magnet on the spokes was too close to the sensor. Just play with the distance between sensor and magnet and see if it goes away, that was all I did anyway :)

Thanks for your reply. I was out today ripping around, and this is what I found.

- I added one more magnet and configured for same before I began - no 99 error occurred.
- speed seems to drop at 30km for me no matter if I:
>set the 25km limit to off
> or turn limiter on and set to 60
> the only time it may allow me over is when I disconnect the speedo altogether (with no speedo it' hard to tell but I don't feel the motor cutting in and out. I am still wondering the function of the speedo except to restrict power - even my walk assist works without it.

Thanks!
Barrett

Are you on stock firmware, and which display do you have? With the vlcd5 and vlcd6 display and stock firmware I dont think you can turn the speed limit off, and the max setting is 45kmh. Are you sure you are setting the correct parameter?

I dont think the speed sensor does anything else than cut the power at max speed. Mine works fine with and without the magnet, cant tell any difference.

HrKlev said:
Brilliantly succinct and solved my problems... I thought I was going crazy... TSDZ2 install requires matching three plugs which are not interchangeable and I couldn't get my motor to work reliably.
After seeing this, I tilted my sensor up 30 to 45 degrees, there was no room to increase the gap any other way, and presto; bike works as I had hoped and imagined.
Still early days, I've only done about 15k since sorting the surging and lack of assistance, but so far so good.

Back