X1 PRO GEN2

cheeko

100 W
Hi All

Started this thread as i havnt seen any information on it and looks like mid drive like no other industry, Anyone have any thoughts on this this is there new version which is 5KW

Would be interesting to here some peoples thoughts.

cheeko said:
Would be interesting to here some peoples thoughts.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=95704&start=475

There is a thread for it. My advice if you buy:

If you are loooking to pull over 2000w, pay the ~$150 extra for the Asi2000 and harness. Just do it. The price is VERY low for the Asi compared to other sources and the stock controller still has issues.

If you are open to messing around a bit, and your frame will accomodate it, write them to get a short backet version and chain gears (bracket meant for plastic geared model but you will use it with a chain and cog) of the new torque sensor model. That way your unit will be almost as compact as a BBS02.

i542YRz.jpg

Thanks Man

I have a Futr Beta Frame so be ok to fit and i already have a Nucular 12F Controller so it be same if not better then the ASI

Think the LMX 64 come stock with this controller.

Thank you ill have look at the thread see if anyone has got the 5KW one yet.

The only thing stopping me from buying this is the purchase logistics. Buying options:

• buying direct from CYC Motors in China: they only accept Paypal or wire transfer. It's unethical to use Paypal, and you also give up consumer protections that many credit cards include. Wire transfers are risky (no recourse if the product doesn't arrive). If you boycott Paypal and don't trust CYC with a bank transfer then China is not an option.
  • buying from New Zealand: they don't sell standalone kits. You bring your bike to them and they install it. They seem to charge roughly $500 above the retail cost of the motor kit, which must cover the labor and the cost of whatever battery they're using. Seems quite reasonable but shipping costs probably are not. They don't sell parts so you're dealing with China for that. (this is perhaps a non-starter for me being in the US - not sure they take international customers.)
  • buying from Austria: they accept credit card but the price is about ~30-50% higher depending on whether they know how to exclude VAT on foreign orders (many EU merchants don't). Roughly ~$250 more if they do VAT properly, and ~$510 more if they do not. Only about ~$40 of that overhead would account for credit card fees. They also take away the option to get 165mm crank arms. They do not sell most of the parts so if you need parts you'll likely be forced to deal with China.

CYC plans to get a US distributor but it hasn't happened yet. Note as well they are ~6 weeks backlogged on orders at the factory.

It seems GNG is rebranding these as their own and sell them on a junk website. They are also in China and Paypal only. I've not searched for a GNG distributor in the US but I'm skeptical. The GNG website only shows their X1 Pro in a photo gallery so it's not clear what's going on.

xtinctionRebeller said:
The only thing stopping me from buying this is the purchase logistics. Buying options:

I would get it from china, paypal make most of their money doing currency conversions, select your bank to do it for you. They ship with express shipping, so no biggie on the time. Highly recommended to get asi controller though. They even offer a stealth mount for the 800 under the motor.

GNG is the parent company of CYC.

999zip999 said:
? These or a cyclone 3,000 ? With better side plates ?

Yes, GNG also sell a cyclone with proper mounts, a good value proposition.

And the GNG Cyclone 3000 , 2019 version has upgrades from a regular Cyclone 3000 ,
There are even a few improvements since 2019 , most notably better chain ring spacers .
The 2019 Cyclone sold by GNG is a couple of pounds heavier than the X1 and X2 Pro, by about 2.5 lbs.
It is bigger , and the crank is not machined like the X1/X2 Pro.

They were having issues with the X1 pro a little less than a year ago so I bought the 2019 Cyclone 3000.
Looks like they and buyers are still working out some of the bugs . although the latest Gen 2 looks good.
6 weeks is a long lead time, wonder why that is happening .
It also had some fitment issues that I corrected , and I asked them to send with better even tollerances spacers between the chainrings and longer chainring bolts .

If you get the 2019 Cyclone 3000 , post a reply to the thread on it as it is way back in the lists of threads at this time, in order to bump that thread up .

It does not look like the 2019 Cyclone 3000 would work on a E-Bike specific frame. When I looked closely at the Vector Light frame it would not. Time to make mid-drive specific e-bike frames !

By the Way , GNG/CYC is in Hong Kong , not China . I am not sure how much of the product is made in China ?

HK is very much a part of China, and increasingly under Beijing's thumb in practice.

Some people also consider Taiwan the same but that sitch is very different.

Mainland China, HK, and Taiwan can be considered seperate in terms of shipping in delays as each of them have their own response and procedures in the pandemic.
Another one is the Firewall is not active in HK and Taiwan, so sellers based in there are more likely to use western sites to communicate and commerce such as paypal, credit card as opposed to bank transfer, gmail, youtube to share and receive videos.

999zip999 said:
The x2 pro takes 6 weeks or more. Luna cycle has them in stock. For my Old Kona Kakupu big triangle. F.S.Ex lg.

I don't think there exists a "x2 pro". Did you mean to say "X1 pro gen 2"? Either way, I'm not finding it on Luna Cycle's shop. I only see Bafang and Cyclone kits on their website. Please give a direct link. I think you must be confusing Cyclone with CYC's products. Luna Cycle is in the US and CYC has not yet established a US distributor.

You're right x1 gen2 is from China and has a sinewave coming soon and it takes 6, weeks. If not more and of you want the new sinewave ? ,I want this one bit don't know if it's ready
https://www.cycmotor.com/product-page/x1-pro-gen-2-36-72v-5000w-extreme-mid-drive-conversion-kit-with-torque-sensor
But Luna has four different middrives. Plus how much noise can I put up with.
So I reread the link 1-3months led time for gen 2

*First Post*

I just finished my gen2 kit on a swing-arm mounted BB.
Had to weld custom mounts to keep the motor from swinging but I think the torque has bent them after 3 days of riding.

New batch seems to have NONE of the problems I’ve read about. Especially full throttle from a dead stop.

Attachments

• FB824083-BC28-4C89-9C8E-FF8ED9DB4891.jpeg
    FB824083-BC28-4C89-9C8E-FF8ED9DB4891.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 2,316
  • 789AD0B2-B2FD-4B51-88AB-FAE870E0BFE4.jpeg
    789AD0B2-B2FD-4B51-88AB-FAE870E0BFE4.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 2,316
  • 864D968F-EB26-4002-9D60-991EDDE9A168.jpeg
    864D968F-EB26-4002-9D60-991EDDE9A168.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 2,316
I have one of these motors on the way.

I'm not sure if I should install it on my 2005 litespeed pisgah (26 wheels, Ti frame, 7 speed) or if I should pick up a steel 29er donor bike like this one:

https://images.craigslist.org/00X0X_bV9L85u8lbX_1200x900.jpg

I would consider adding gears to the Spot bike.

How is Ti with this much power?

One of the main reasons I'm looking beyond my litespeed is that it doesn't have disk brakes and it seems like disks might belong on the must haves list.

Which bike do you think would be a better fit?

I want to use it as an off road capable commenter. Up to 40 mph on the road, but capable of some light single-track now and then.

Thank you.

Either bike would work great for the X1 Pro Gen 2 . Two Great Choices .

You are mounting it on the frame near the BB/Downtube junction so no problems there.

The Lightspeed could have a front disc brake, all you have to do is update the fork and front wheel and buy one disc brake and rotor .

The faster you go the more you are likely to want a suspension seatpost . Cane Creek TB LT works good, not sure about the others on the market as I have not used them.

What time is GNG telling you from the day you pay for it until they ship it ?
and
What is the total cost now of this mid-drive ?

Thanks for the reply ScooterMan.

I might take your advice on adding disk brakes to the front. I might even be able to do the same on the back with an adapter, although that seems like a less reliable solution. I found a good youtube video on some different adapter options:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emW7M-ZD0Pw

I actually have a thud buster right now on the litespeed, so we are good there. I should have included a photo of that bike with the original post. I will try to do that tonight.

As for timing with CYC, I placed my order through the CYC website on May 22, received a confirmation email immediately, received an additional confirmation email on May 26 which included photos of the motor which was ready for shipment. They also double checked my address and all the order details at that time. I replied same day and it was shipped on May 27th and I received an email that day with tracking info. Since then I've been watching it move through the system and the last update showed that it arrived in New York a couple days ago. I'm not sure how long it will take to clear customs and get to FL, but I am glad it's on US soil. Customer service has been on point thus far.

I also have a couple of 52V batteries on the way from bicyclemotorworks.com. Other than the initial May 29th email saying I paid them I have not heard from them.

I'll report back as things progress. Thanks again ScooterMan. It's nice to hear from someone with experience.

Where can I get the asi2000 for 150? Much more expensive everywhere I've seen it!

James M said:
Where can I get the asi2000 for 150? Much more expensive everywhere I've seen it!

Cyc offered it for 150 over the stock one. Now it is 290 however I think that includes harness(50) and display(100). Btw, you need harness but do not need the display to use the asi. Just a 100v 1a dc capable switch to turn it on/off.

I seen the size of that thing and it's pretty big where are riders putting that on their bike? Are they pretty easy to install as well I'm pretty new when it comes to these e-bike kits. I assume the harness is pretty self-explanatory I'll need to splice any wires or any crap like that?

James M said:
I seen the size of that thing and it's pretty big where are riders putting that on their bike?
I have the 120mm BB so it fits right where the stock one goes. It is roughly 115x125x45mm.

Some people 3d print103337464_3014148148700205_6578372749846404291_o.jpg

Overall it is small compared to other 80 or 100a controllers.

I have a karate monkey but I'm looking for a different bike to put it on what bike do you have there?

How does the ASI2000 compare to the stock one?

Could someone provide some screens of the availiable settings? How is the throttle response and PAS response compared to stock?

James M said:
I have a karate monkey but I'm looking for a different bike to put it on what bike do you have there?

I have the DH bike from second post here.
Since I have a 107mm bb, I got the 120mm kit. Turns out the bac2000 is ~120mm too.

I will have to cut down the middle plate a bit.
Screenshot_20200609_212200.jpg

once again I'm sorry for my ignorance on the topic but if you have a 107 mm bottom bracket how do you use the hundred 120 mm kit?

Back