Tsdz2 36v 500w or 48v 500w

Bobbybob

1 µW
Hey guys.
I have posted in the long thread but then realised not everyone will be going on that. I’m trying to build a stealth road bike. IV been searching for the answer for a few days now, so I thought I’d post the question in the end.
I want a bottle style battery. They are 36v 10.5ah and 48v 7ah. Which is the recommended tsdz2? The 36v 500w motor or the 48v 500w motor. I don’t want to go fast. I just want to take the dread from going up some hills on a ride. If everywhere was flat I could go for miles just hills kill me so I tend not to venture out of my comfort zone. The added boost would really help me venture out and about.

Thanks in advanced.

The higher voltage, the less current to achieve the same power. Current creates heat, which can destroy the motor if not controlled

Id suggest that you get the modified firmware pre installed from one of the listed merchants on the GitHub.

My wife wasnt able to go more than 10 miles unassisted. This week she did 46 miles on a 4 hour ride out with me

Her bike has a 52 Volt battery

The modified Open firmware will allow you to have any voltage battery.

Its all in the setup menus. You can control max power, current, top speed, battery size(voltage and cells).

You can also set screen to show all sorts of parameters, distance, speed, human power, motor power, battery percentage etc etc

Back