Burned my CC HV-110 HELP!

drewjet

10 kW
I burned my CC HV-110. My bad. I use the first 2 series A123 batts to run the Servo driver, and I know to plug in the ESC first then the driver but did it backwards, I saw what burned in front of me, but it is small and hopefully the only thing that burned, It still makes start up sounds, but wont arm. Any help would beat sending it back to castle, especially since I have already soldered on the caps.

Thanks

It appears to be a transistor of some sort. I can't make out any numbers on it, but I'll try again with a magnifier.CC controller transistor.jpg

Drew,

PM me your address and I will send you a HV110 controller board.

I have a HV110 with blown FETs that I have not sent in yet. It is the early V1 board that is longer than your V2 board. But, the hardware and software are the same. I am assuming this board is good and only my FET boards are not. Worse case scinerio, it does not arm with my board. But, again, I am sure this board is fine. :D

I can send it out priority mail tomorrow.

If it works fine, you can send me your blown board. I need to have this controller fixed anyway. They have a flat $90 rate to fix a HV110. Mine is totally blown. So, they will not fix it. They will just send me a new one anyway. I may as well send mine in with your blown board and my blown FET boards. That way, you will not have to pay for a repair.

Matt

Fetcher, I appreciate it, I was hoping for a resistor or diode and be easy.

Thanks Matt. I'll PM you my address.

Drew

I received Matts board, Thank you very Much! It is a different version, Matts board is longer by about 1/2". Same connector, I hoped it would work

However unfortunately it didn't help. Interestingly, I could now connect to it with the castle link, but it would not arm to the motor, nor make any of the connecting beeps. I tied 4 or 5 different version of software, all would load, all would allow me to change paramaters, none would allow me to ARM it. While I had it out I took some better pictures.

Attachments

• HPIM1654.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 489
  • HPIM1656.JPG
    HPIM1656.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,089
I guess I could try a receiver instead of a servo tester. Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried a receiver, still no ARM. I trimmed the throttle all the way down and still nothing. There must be some compatability issue between the different versions. Mine is dated Feb 08.

Back