Sonders Rockstar

nice looking bike:) :bolt:

mtb_frame.120.png

wonder if it will fit a dropper seat post? and if the battery is removable for quick change or off bike charging???

https://electrek.co/2020/06/23/sondors-rockstar-cruiser-lx-bafang-ultra-electric-bike/

How this handles on trails and bike components will dinnertime if its a good buy. Pretty sure my dual battery hub motor build is 65 lb. Has carbon fiber in a few spots in the rear drop outs are aluminum thankfully. Still that bike seems heavy.

Looks like two different models of the 'rockstar' in the images - One has the m620 and the other has m600
Rockstar_Hero.jpgRockstar-Image.jpg

Ok, I'm curious. Its good to see him branching out like this. Still, you are looking at CAD models, so no telling what the final bike will really be like, If you remember 5 years ago, a LOT changed from the initial pictures (mostly for the better). There are old posts here where I documented that his sales video was a "protoype" running 72v and 3000 watts doing close to 30mph - so fast it didn't even have pedals! I pulled back from the kickstarter and let other people be the guinea pig. But he really came through with a nice bike at a great price. Even had a really great motor for what it was back in the day. Kinda curious as to what this one will be like IRL (as the "photo" is just a mockup). (I can't imagine needing a 52 tooth cog with a 1000+ watt motor)

Back