DENGFU E10 blue

patdam

10 W
Hi
I show you my E10 with some modifications done
velovert3.jpg

I have reduced yoke width to install 215X60 rear schock, with fork in 160, i have 360mm BB height
DSCF1465.JPG

to avoid a pebble gets stuck in swing arms
DSCF1527.JPG

I have also increase length of remote and power supply wire, perform 2 holes on lower battery support to evacuate water infiltration, stalled the battery in its housing and add alloly plate to avoid to lose it. I do not see other potential problem who necessitate modifications ?

ordered in this color, custom color cost few tens USD more and it is done at quality "dengfu"

tested at beginning, 23.5 with air shock before some modifications (protections tape, etc..), now with spring shock, i think more near 24 kg. it is not a problem for me

Nice job. Is that frame rigid enough?

Normaly carbon is mostly rigid than alloy, but i do not find it have execive rigidity. The most notable point i have feel at first ride it is his great tolerance, lose of grip occur progrsivally and it is more easy to control.
I find it a lot of more easy to drive than my spectral on, The biggest defect is consequencies of is stability and great reach. it is an XL and with 160 travel i have 1310 of empattement. hairpin bend is more complicate. But it is the only point where i feel lack of maniability, in all other case i have not problem with maniability

Nice going Patdam, the new frame looks nice. The BB area ground clearance looks nice as well. I hope your bike works well for you. ........wayne

Hi.
Only one day of ride in moutain since assembly, Now i am under snow and very cold weather. i need to wait a few before continue testing and suspension adjust. But i am confiant, i have appreciate a lot the functioning on first ride.

I have seen that dengfu have update her frame to correcting water infiltration from battery cover, i do not know if they have done other modification

Hi Patdam,
Thank you for sharing your experience in this and other topcis with the E10 frame and building it.
I am about to order a frame, battery and motor set.
Any suggestions for the order?
Would you have the frame painted by DengFu again if you were to order one again? I am thinking of only car-wrapping some parts of the frame instead of painting.
Many thanks in advance!

Hi

for sure if I ordering new one, i will take with paint, the paint is a great quality and i love the color.

no special reco for ordering, purchase additional derailleur hangers for spare part, Seat clamp (34.9) and steerer bearing are not at quality level of frame (but cheaper), you can purchase other from other manufacturer. It seem that they have modified the frame to prevent water infiltration.

Only one recomendation, be patient after ordering, fast shipping (+- 15 days to france) but they take several week to sent.

Merci pour le message!
I agree, the color is superb. Can you share the name of the color or color-code?
Latest indication is that they are able to ship in March

The dengfu color is "PT306C glossy finish". I have asked clear blue and they have proposed it with an picture of sample. Do not hesitate to ask her your personal wish.

PT306C.png

Looks great. Wish I had ordered paint. Never mind. Love to know what forks your useing? I am still sorceing parts to finish the build when it arrives in March. No real idea what I am doing if I'm honest. I just like to have everything I need to finish the build before it gets here. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Awsome looking bike. Can't wait to get mine. Cheers bob.

Sunburntwilly said:
Looks great. Wish I had ordered paint. Never mind. Love to know what forks your useing? I am still sorceing parts to finish the build when it arrives in March. No real idea what I am doing if I'm honest. I just like to have everything I need to finish the build before it gets here. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Awsome looking bike. Can't wait to get mine. Cheers bob.

Type in Cheeb and emtb into google and you may find what you are looking for. :wink:

For some reason I can't get into the www.emtbforums.com/ website at the moment ( I've probably been flicked again for asking questions of the annointed son ), but there's a pretty big build log of the E10 in the DIY build section.

Hi

Do the Bafang M500 and M600 cranks take 9/16" pedals or some other size?

Is it Merida cranks that can be swapped out with the Bafang cranks if you want shorter cranks?

merida or miranda ?
At the moment I do not found other arms than OEM in 170 (possibility to reduce to +- 150), they are not in classic ISIS (specific bafang). Miranda or lekkie have sayed "in study". But In fact not necessary with 160 travel and 29" (360 of BB height)

patdam said:
merida or miranda ?
At the moment I do not found other arms than OEM in 170 (possibility to reduce to +- 150), they are not in classic ISIS (specific bafang). Miranda or lekkie have sayed "in study". But In fact not necessary with 160 travel and 29" (360 of BB height)

Ah, miranda it is!

Thought I had seen discussion about Bafang compatible crank arms before:
https://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=105148&p=1537782&hilit=miranda+cranks#p1537782

E10 really good frame

Attachments

• IMG_20210124_162808.jpg
    IMG_20210124_162808.jpg
    787.3 KB · Views: 1,476
I think so. even if I does not use it much for the moment, but it will well finally stop to rain at one moment when i do not work.

M500 or M600 ? your advise about rigidity ?

Hello!
Does anyone know where can I buy this frame? I'm looking on Dengfu website but the E10 model is not available :/
Thank you!

Also Dengfu may not get back to you for a while as its their New Years and I think they are shut down for the celebrations. I want to order a battery myself and I have written on my Calender to wait till Jan 18 to inquire.

Back