10H over-temp error on new BBSHD controller

bardbe

10 mW
Recently I had to replace the controller on my 2017 BBSHD after a 12H error. Now I get a 10H error after turn-on, which is an over-temp error. I'm not sure if there is a temp sensor in the motor or if the new controller is not compatible with the old motor and how to get rid of the error. I have searched and found some others having this issue, but no clear solution. Do I need to hook up a temp sensor somewhere or is it a firmware issue?

I found a post om ES about changing firmware here:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100064

I tried to upload the version listed (...413), but it failed at the last moment, luckily not bricking the controller, as error code remains. The controller is C571-30-506. FW ver: Unknown

In this thread I read about Bafang changing controller HW and FW during last years with possible compatiblity issues , and new controllers could also become blocked for FW updates!

Need some tips how to get rid of this error as changing random FW is not the best way to solve it.

Thanks
Bard

Downloaded Bafang programming tool and read configuration. The new controller is HW v1.5 with FW v1.0.0.4. 48-52V 28A version. Assuming my original controller is v1.2-v1.3 the question is if the v1.5 is backwards compatible? Since the controller obviously is not overheated on power-on, the only reason I can see is that it is missing a temp-sensor signal in the controller/motor, unless the new controller is faulty. My hope is to roll back to a previous FW version that doesn't bother with the temp sensor, but since I haven't been able to update FW yet, although the connection with the microcontroller is ok, I'm a bit stuck...

Finally managed to roll back FW version to ...413! Turns out one of the settings in the programming tool was set wrong. My assumtion about HW and FW incompatibility was correct as the error 10H disappeared and motor running again. The current limit was also back to 30A.

Well done! :)

thanks for posting this

Well, the joy did not last long... :evil:

On my first ride it behaved ok for about 10 km, but felt less powerful than previous controller. Then suddenly the motor stopped spinning. It recovered after reseting power, but felt even more gutless and had some small vibrations coming out of it like it was not synced properly (this can have other causes as motor is a bit old and worn). This happened several times when I let of throttle/PAS. I managed to get home from work, but the motor was very gutless probably because of low voltage. I use a 48V battery and I have read this happen to others with new BBSHD controllers because of 52V compatiblity. The next day it reported 12H at startup and never moved an inch. 12H usually means faulty controller. I seriously doubt overheating is the cause as its freezing temperatures here, but if FW caused the controller not running efficiently, anything is possible. Its really fu..ed up that new controllers seem to not work on old motors straight out of the box! Unless I was just unlucky with a lemon...

Anyway, with nothing to loose I will try other FW versions to see if it can recover.

Did you solve this? It sounds exactly like my issue. Same circumstances.

Looks as if I may have to buy a whole new motor :(.

I’m also wondering if you have an update on a fix. I have a 2019 BBSHD running on 52v from Luna and recently replaced with a new controller. Immediately throws error code 10 and motor wont operate. Sounds like a very similar situation.

I replaced the controller on my 2019-ish BBSHD. Display would turn on, but it was throwing error code 10 and I couldn't get a response from the motor using either input from the pedals or throttle. I re-flashed with "CRR10E4830E105027.1_(latest)_190927.bin". Solved my problem. Interestingly, the throttle response on this new firmware and controller is vastly improved from my old controller even with the same EggRider configuration. My old controller is marked: CR R10E1000.SN.U 1.5 A08F8T5232893. My new controller is marked: CR R10E.1000. SN C571-30-506.

Back