Which Grease for CYC X1 Pro gen 2 Planetary gearbox?

Ham

1 kW
I would like to clean out and re grease the gearbox of my cyc x1 pro gen 2 but want to make sure I replenish the grease with the correct one and amount.

I am seriously struggling to get an answer from anyone at CYC about this or the UK supplier I got the unit from...any help appreciated?

The grease cyc support told me they use is Molykote BR2 Plus. I should say that mine is an original Gen 1, but doubt it makes a difference. I have included the pic they sent in the email.
ATTACH]

For anyone else in the future...CYC just confirmed this molykote br2 plus for the gen 2 also...or another like it...not 100% on what that bit means but molykote is good for both gens.

Thanks

How has this gearbox held up over time?

I'm looking to mate one to a astro 3220...

I don’t have huge mileage on mine, maybe 1000 miles but no problems so far. I re-greased it as I think I had water ingress. It got a little more noisy but has since gone back to quiet with fresh grease.

I have a few Astros sitting around from my tangent kits. But the cycloid reduction is pooped on those. I feel like this gearbox is going to be easier to replace than the unicorn of a kit the tangent was.

Back