bafang warranty

patdam

10 W
Hi
I open this topic, because i think this information is important and to avoid that my experiency will be drowned in subject M500 / M600.

On bafang site we can found a sheet dedicated to warranty:
https://bafang-e.com/oem-area/service/warranty-policy/
whith an contact for the request: service@bafang-e.com

Clear, squared. At begening i have sent an email for a technical request and i have received quick answer (négative but quick).

BUT when i have sent an eamil with "warranty" mentionned and where i have asked procedure to solve the problem on my M500. Nobody answer, alike when i have asked to other contacts available on bafang site and the supplier of my motor (dengfu).

For my experiency, bafang warranty is bogus at the moment. If somebody have other experincy, do not hesitate to share here. That will gave important information for potential buyers.

In add, when you know that you can't find spare parts anywhere at this time for M500, alike an controler. You can deduce that if you have an failure with an M500, the only solution is to purchase another motor. I hope this state will change quickly and we can maintain the M series alike the BBS

Hi Patdam,

bafang probably doesn't deal with endcustomers, they are b2b only.You need to talk with dengfu in this regard, if you have sourced the motor from them.About the controller there is a czech online shop with bafang parts, also a german one-https://shop.gutrad.com/ and tosa bikes.Those are resellers in europe and they might have the part you need.What happened with your controller?
i have also m600 dengfu from tossa.Upgrading it right now and in 2 weeks will be in Kapadokia Turkey to test it.

greets

Sava

Thanks for the recomendations.

i do not see M500 spare parts on shop gutrad, but i will ask and to tosa also
About bafang who do not answer to end customer, may be. But in this case at least they need to answer to my request with this rule or make action to dengfu. I have informed bafang that dengfu do not answer at my request (with dengfu in copy) and at this time the only answer of dengfu is to ask if bafang answered to me.

If i can understand that frame builder have not comptencies to solve motor failure and prefer to make "dead man" when you request support on this subject. I understand less that the motors builder don't leave for final customer other solution than cry on forums.

Hi
yes dengfu hmm really bad customer service.Here i have found the cz shop

https://elektrokolazlin.cz/?s=m500&post_type=product&dgwt_wcas=1

great.

Thank a lot, it is the first time i see an M500 spare parts supplier in EU, i have sent an email cause it is not possible to purchase for france on her site, but i am confient to find a agrement with they.

congratulations for your sourcing.

What warranty?

Bafang doesn't warrant products to resellers. They really do suck in that regard. Shops eat the repairs and parts on kits.
So far parts for the newest series are really tough to find. I'll not give up my BBSxx series motors any time soon. And I see a strong future for Ultra and the newest motors but will remain discouraged by Bafang's lack of support.

patdam said:
About bafang who do not answer to end customer, may be. But in this case at least they need to answer to my request with this rule or make action to dengfu. I have informed bafang that dengfu do not answer at my request (with dengfu in copy) and at this time the only answer of dengfu is to ask if bafang answered to me.

If i can understand that frame builder have not comptencies to solve motor failure and prefer to make "dead man" when you request support on this subject. I understand less that the motors builder don't leave for final customer other solution than cry on forums.

Leaving a negative review on the bafang Facebook page seems to get an answer. Don't know if they actually resolve the problems or just give a nice empty response to look like they care.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/BAFANGElectric/reviews/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

It's also probable that their Facebook page is managed by a third party/PR company and not Bafang themselves.

I don't existing on facebook and i happy like that.

From my point of view. It's not only patdam problem with bafang, but to inform that they do not provide waranty in contrary of that they indicate in her site and on which the supplier relies. Now with the (few) return received on the topic, i think we can say it is a fact.

I think it is a important point that everybody need to know before purchase an M500 via dengfu (i speak only about that i know). Cause that the bafang M series are not easly maintenable alike BBS and without support of manufacturer or (competent) supplier, it seem impossible. I have not this information when i have purchased mine (and supplier / manufacturer had provided opposite information).

With this information may be i do not purchase my bike. In any case in addition of positive return that i have provide on the motor, i will have also indicate this important point.

Honestly, for my personal case it is not really a problem, i love to thinker and i will found solution. But i found this situation anormal, bafang can not lock the technologie and do not doing necessary for customer can have solution to maitain her motor and i think that only communication on that could be move the line

But you are the boss and if you estimate this topic concern only my personal relation with the supplier and it is better to hide it. no problem.

Thank you for your site and your job.

I do not question dengfu, cause they are frame manufacturer. We can't ask her to solve technical problems on motor with closed technologie who can not be maintenaid by simply exchange of elements

Bafang does not warranty as outlined on their webpages. Dealers eat the warranty.

True.

They have explained that to me. It is thier official sale condition. They give also possibility to customer under warranty not helped by supplier (exemple dengfu), to return the part defected to them for repair (poland for EU).

I am waiting to know if i have possibility to purchase spare parts and technical advise to perform controler replacement myself. To avoid to imobilized the bike too long time

So. after several research and inquiery. following return from other customers who had technical problems with bafang series M.

Despite what bafang says The only solution to solve problems with bafang motors provided by dengfu, is to purchase another motor

Back