Yuba Mundo bbs01b

barnaby81

1 mW
Hi everyone,
This is not my first ebike build but it will be the first street legal (UK) build and I'm looking for advice on the watt mileage I can expect on a fully laden cargo bike. As this is a company bike I'm not after fast but legal and live in a area with literally no hills and will be setting the speed limiter to 15.5mph.

I have built many lithium batteries in my time but of course don't have a 36v pack handy so am having a difficult time guestimating low speed and pretty high weight. We've got a delivery round of about 25 miles and want to size the pack accordingly.

Any help on the guestimating would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

How much weight? What sort of gears are you planning on using? I'm running a yuba mundo with a 1500w 52v bbshd and get about 20wh/km with some fairly lackluster pedaling at 20-30km/h. This is with two people, two dogs in a large unaerodynamic box and saddle bags.

I imagine you would want fairly low gearing with the bbs01 as even with the bbshd a fully loaded yuba mundo is a slow beast

I was planning on using the stock gearing with a lekkie 36t. Maybe 100 kgs of weight strapped onto it. I can only think that I will be peddling as hard as possible.
20kmph@20wpkm seem alright to me. My fatbike running 4inch tyres gets to about 30kmph@65wpkm on a bbshd.

By my sketchy maths pulling 400wph through the bbs01 is possible and building in a margin or error im looking at two 20ah to do my round trip of 40km but I've got the battery shelves to do it.

Two 20ah batteries would give you well in excess of 100km range with moderate assistance if you keep speeds in the 20km/h range. The 36t front ring is an excellent idea, I had a 30t when I was using the stock rear gears and that was just a touch too low but the 46t bafang gears are not really usable with a heavy load.

A quick sim on the grin calculator says that even under zero pedaling at 20km/h you should only be using 11wh/km, which would give you 150km easily on those two batteries.

Try this out
https://ebikes.ca/tools/trip-simulator.html

Back