TSDZ2: Where to get replacement X seal that goes around the main gear?

skestans

100 W
Somehow, my X seal, the one that goes behind the crankset and behind the plastic cover, around the main gear got mangled.

I thought I could live without since I couldn't find a replacement, but a year later, I see a lot of grit has made in inside the gear and when comparing with another motor that doesn't have the X seal missing, the difference is quite obvious.

Does anyone know where could I get a replacement X seal for that motor? No-one on Aliexpress seems to know what I'm talking about.

This is the seal, inbetween the green pointing arrows (seal present on that picture, that's from another motor):

Sorry but I haven't been able to source a replacement X ring of the right size and not been able to buy one from the likes of PSWPower who hold a good bit of the replacement parts. Irritating as I have a complete engine sitting unable to be used until we find one.

One thing for sure it is essential and I'm surprised that you haven't munched the engine totally as that seal not only prevent dust but also water getting into the main engine and electronics cavity via the small hole that the torque sensor wire runs through.

If you know the size of the gasket, the shape, size and diameter of the gasket bead, the diameter overall and the material then there's got to be somewhere that sells it, most likely going to be from China, if your lucky can find something on Alibaba, Aliexpress or China.com
It's most likely a general commodity somewhere in a back alley somewhere in China.

Waynemarlow said:
Sorry but I haven't been able to source a replacement X ring of the right size and not been able to buy one from the likes of PSWPower who hold a good bit of the replacement parts. Irritating as I have a complete engine sitting unable to be used until we find one.

One thing for sure it is essential and I'm surprised that you haven't munched the engine totally as that seal not only prevent dust but also water getting into the main engine and electronics cavity via the small hole that the torque sensor wire runs through.

I inquired around and found a seller that has it. They even used my picture in the listing: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002708658531.html

It's not cheap though, I paid over 20 USD incl. delivery... But like you said, it's an essential part and it's hard to find.

skestans said:
Waynemarlow said:

I inquired around and found a seller that has it. They even used my picture in the listing: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002708658531.html

It's not cheap though, I paid over 20 USD incl. delivery... But like you said, it's an essential part and it's hard to find.

Looks like that link is expired. I went and checked because after only a week of riding, looks like my seal also got mangled. Only thing I can think of as a cause is my chain came off on the outside of the chainring, between it and the cover. Interesting that of all the parts available, this critical piece is not.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_1763_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_1763_LI.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 380
Hello, I know I'm late to the party but it just happened to me too so I made this in case you have yourself or a friend with a 3D printer.

The polish website e-bikestuff that makes the cooling mod does also have the X seal :
Tsdz2 X seal main gear
Instant gasket is an excellent alternative, a bead in the groove let it set slightly then fit it. It worked for me. However the Tsdz2 is made from soft metals so use well fitting tools. I stripped a thread because it was in past it’s limit when assembled in the factory. Put the outer cover on there’s only four screws so don’t over tighten as the outer case will warp requiring re-facing on a plate of glass with grinding paste. Too tight is a guarantee it will leak.

Back