Bafang Ultra torque sensor not working?

joq3

10 mW
Hi,

I have had my bike for 2 years now and only ridden about 300km since new. My last ride the torque-sensing stopped working. I have to pedal really really hard to get a small push from the motor, but normal pedaling does not give me any help from the motor. No settings has changed since this happened, and it used to assist me very well however I pedaled.
I tried removing the connectors for front and rear brakes and the shift sensor, if they were the issue. But no change.
And the throttle still works perfectly, and the motor works great with the throttle without any hickups.

So something is wrong with the torque sensor. When I first got my bike 2 years ago the motor that it was delivered with had a broken torque sensor, so the company sent me a new one and I had to return the other.
So it seems like this motor has some very bad quality torque sensor issues.

Anything I can try to fix this?

Strange one?...

Rear sensor magnet moved present (on rear wheel lining up with sensor correctly?.. think the motor has to sense this before torque kicks in?

I'd try see if there are any error messages on the display info button?.

Or buy a programming cable and read the values present and see how many magnets it's set too and also check stock settings to see if they match what's online regarding stock bafang m620 settings..

Good luck it's usually a bullet proof motor so might/ hopefully something obvious, simple

👍

Hi,

I have had my bike for 2 years now and only ridden about 300km since new. My last ride the torque-sensing stopped working. I have to pedal really really hard to get a small push from the motor, but normal pedaling does not give me any help from the motor. No settings has changed since this happened, and it used to assist me very well however I pedaled.
I tried removing the connectors for front and rear brakes and the shift sensor, if they were the issue. But no change.
And the throttle still works perfectly, and the motor works great with the throttle without any hickups.

So something is wrong with the torque sensor. When I first got my bike 2 years ago the motor that it was delivered with had a broken torque sensor, so the company sent me a new one and I had to return the other.
So it seems like this motor has some very bad quality torque sensor issues.

Anything I can try to fix this?
Hi! Did you get any solution for this, was it torque sensor problem?

Back