Optimal donor bike for CYC X1 build?

banshee28

100 mW
So, looking to plan a build early next year sometime when the next gen/vers of the CYC motors come out. I hear they are working on a v3, and since I am not in a rush, will wait for this and choose a good donor bike in the meantime.

So originally was thinking of a good used DH bike, but then was thinking maybe a NEW Motobecane from BD wouild be even better and around the same price. This bike seems to have pretty decent components:

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products...-boost-eagle-axs-29-carbon-mountain-bikes.htm

I considered their Shimano e-mtb vers, but really dont think that "Shimano 250W/504WH integrated" will work for what I am looking for. :D

Any suggestions on this? Should this CYC motor kit fit on this bike and a battery in the triangle area? Any other issues or considerations? With the DT Swiss HUB and Wheels I think this may even be more capable of supporting this motor vs a normal DH bike?

Thanks for the info on version 3.
Consider a fatbike? Adding heavy batteries and a motor on a lightweight carbon frame bike is well, not necessary. A steel or heavy duty aluminum frame would be my choice. I’ve been looking at the surly ice cream truck or the wayatt maverick. Both in the $2500 range.

I actually have a Sondors Fatbike I updated with a 750W, runs great! However it has NO suspension and only a single speed,lol!

Was looking for a FS with smaller tires for a more agile ride, similar to the Luna X-1 and a few other Carbon builds. Choices :D

Skaiwerd said:
Thanks for the info on version 3.
A steel or heavy duty aluminum frame would be my choice. I’ve been looking at the surly ice cream truck or the wayatt maverick. Both in the $2500 range.
Yea so maybe carbon may not be the best here esp when adding the motor, so open to the alternatives too.

Back