Astro motor update

recumpence

1 GW
On Earth right now. That can change at any time, t
Hey Guys,

I wanted to shoot you a quick update on Astro flight motors;

I got an email from Astro yesterday, asking me to call them. I called and spoke with Bob about his motors. He wanted to know how they were working for us and if I had any suggestions for him. He was primarrily curious how the 3220s he sent me are working for bike use. I told him I did not know because mine aren't mounted yet. He was curious because he is concerned the 3220s may be too much power. :mrgreen: I told him "Twin 3210s was fast, twin 3220s should be insane....." :twisted:

Anyway, he is interested in my (our) perspective on these motors so he can make more to possibly have in stock to eliminate the month long wait for a custom motor. It looks like he is also stocking black anodized cans for me as well.

The reason I wanted to start this thread was to let you guys know how interested Astro Flight is in making us in the E-bike world happy. They really want a part of this industry. That is truely valuable.

I know it is frustrating waiting for them to develop certain things as well as a month wait for anything custom (it delays my orders as well. My throttles are a good example). But, again, we need to be glad we have businesses like them working with us. Castle Creations is becoming more and more willing to help too.

Just a FYI. :D

Matt

Seems like I remember someone saying Bob was looking into building some motors with Hall sensors. Anyone have an update on that?

How much is he charging for the custom 3220's you are getting?

Yes, Bob is supposedly working on hall sensored motors. However, it seems like he must be having issues with them or something because progress has ground to a crawl on them.

The 3220s are $800 each. Black anodizing is $10 and double shafts are $10 extra. The custom 3 turn winding he is making for me is no extra charge. :D

They are expensive, to be sure. But, they are good for 8kw bursts, 6kw continuous and are very efficient.

Matt

Hall sensors. Tell him to get the lead out, it ain't that hard to get the pcb made and I know he knows how to position them properly. Until he gets them sensors done he is limiting his market to pedal first conversions.

Otherwise- sealed construction and grommets where the wires exit are about all we really need. I think he already has those two features.

Back