Bafang M620 - 52v on motor labelled 48v?

bonbond

1 mW
Hi all!

I’ve pretty much finished my M620 build, the only thing I need is the battery..

The motor has a 48v sticker on it, it’s the UART version, so I can easily change the low voltage parameters.

928D22E8-1D9B-419A-B0DE-0889205C427E.jpeg

I’ve read here that a 48v M620 can easily handle voltage from a 52v battery. I’ve also read that the 48v and 52v units are identical, the difference being in their programming.

Can anybody confirm that I’m safe to run a 52v battery and/or that the motor hardware is the same between 48v and 52v versions?

Cheers

My understanding is that the only issue will involve the state of charge/voltmeter on the displays, and possibly the LVC not shutting down early enough (it's set up for 48v) - though I'm not real sure on that one. If your new battery has a decent BMS, it seems to me that would shut shut it down correctly.

Cheers

The motor is UART, so I can set 'Low Battery Protection [V]' parameters to something appropriate for 52v (say 42v) and I've got a C500 display which toggles between different voltages, so all good in that regard - essentially it's the same setup as I have on my BBSHD.

I strongly suspect the label just corresponds to LVC parameters set in software, which I can change. What I'm really looking for is confirmation that components in the motor are going to be okay with 52v, despite the label saying 48v.

Does anybody run a 48v labelled motor on 52v, with the LVC set to something sensible for 52v battery?

Back