Bafang BBS02b 750w controller loss of power

jayteee

1 mW
This is a 5 month old controller , Fully stock.

It was working well with no signs of failure. Till today. I went out for a short grocery ride , after just 5 minutes , power cut out suddenly. I mainly use the phone app SPEEEED as a display but I didn't as it is still powered without the display .

I went back home , plugged in my phone and everything connected fine. Only issue was that the battery percentage was 0% despite the battery being at 54volts which is nearly full. I checked the settings to see if LVC was cutting it off but not that either.

A guy in the facebook bafang group recommended me to try a firmware flash and I gave it a try as I've done it a few times now. HOWEVER , Passing the MCU check and when I tried to flash the MCU , it would come out with an error stating 'Download failed' . I double-checked all my connections and did it again and met with the same error . After researching abit and came up with nothing , I tried again .

But this time , it wouldn't even pass the MCU check , as if nothing was connected. I plugged in my phone and the app couldn't detect the bafang as well. I opened up the controller , and checked for voltage on the PAS and Hall sensor plug and I am getting 5volts.

So what is the issue here ? It's bricked? Makes no sense considering it's been working fine all along and just suddenly it decided to brick itself? Has anyone encountered such an issue?

Edit: I was still trying to mess with it and finally gave up , the controller is WARM. It's not connected to anything except the battery. I guess it's truly dead.

Back