In the latest version of the CC controller programming software (the one that I am using), the 'Outrunner Mode' is an option in the PWM menu, so presumably it affects the pwm switching rate.
The timing appears as a separate menu with options of: Low, Normal, High and Custom. Presumably this affects the degree of timing advance, similar to a petrol engine.
I have the PWM mode set to 'Outrunner', and the timing as 'Normal'.
I am pretty sure I tried the 'Low' timing setting and found the torque to be somewhat less, but the loss of sync problem was still evident. I will try it again to be sure.
Unortunately it is raining tonight so I will have to wait
I do not want to overplay this loss of sync problem, -the bike is still very useable and behaves well as long as you roll on the throttle gently as the RPMs build up, infact the problem is not evident in the first two gears at all
The Cyclone 1200 based bike that I made before Is in almost daily use and working perfectly still. To be honest I think it is a more practical machine, if not quite as exciting as the current project. Much of the practicality is due to the fact that I can just wheel it into the garage or shed and plug it in to recharge (it uses Ping LiFePo batteries).
With the LiPo batteries on the Stikey, I have to unplug them, remove them from the bike, place them in a fireproof environment, connect the chargers .... etc
-But it does feel good when you just need to have a blast!