rear axle with motor sprocket on ebay.

rkosiorek

100 kW
i spotted this on ebay this morning. Item #290341659202

View attachment 1

2008119224910199.JPG

under $40 delivered. i don't think it includes the freewheel. but it may be what some are looking for for a chain drive.

rick

The exploded drawing shows two freewheels, but the photos seem to show a fixed disk on one side.

Attachments

• 2008119224910922.JPG
    2008119224910922.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 818
AFAIKT...

The grubee hubs have a threaded boss for mounting the freewheel or rigid adapter, both held captive by the drum flange.

The ebay hub is drilled through the spoke flange to mount the sprocket & standoff.

This perticular example might not be the best product, but I'm very pleased to see products being made to suit this function. Its a step in the right direction.

liveforphysics said:
I'm very pleased to see products being made to suit this function.
Me too... but good ones.

My point in that regard, was to distinguish the illustration as erroneous or misleading.

Notice the spacer on the axle to get the nuts out past the sprocket. That leads me to think the bearings are centered back by the spoke flange... a good strategy for easily bending the axle.

This hub in particular looks like a weak hack, compared to simply bolting a sprocket to a quality disk-ready rear hub; or getting a grubee, if a freewheel is required.

Back