Dogati Electric Superleggera

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
AussieJester   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Mag Max: compact 2-stage drive /w mag clutch brake regen

Post by AussieJester » Jun 23 2011 8:47pm

j3tch1u wrote:
AussieJester wrote: Threads going AW linked too it for you mate (Thanx Amber ;-) ) the stabilizers, they hold the bike upright
while i transfer from my wheelchair to the bike... It is up and running sorting out a few minor details all in all shes
very good to ride alot more nimble than the cruiser ;-)
KiM
ahhh...yes. my bad, i've seen this build. the quality is fantastic and i really like how you laid out the components. 38kg is a very good weight considering the size/power. would you consider building a quad like this:

That is pretty neat erm 'car-bike' thing ain't it...don't think i would be
building one myself though :-)

Hows the video production coming? hold up on the choppers for the arial shots due to volcanic ash in the sky i'm guess :-P :mrgreen:

Hope all is well anywayz buddy...

KiM

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Jun 23 2011 11:28pm

j3tch1u- Your DIY CroMo frame, and AussieJester's frames were what gave me the inspiration to attempt my own frame build.

Thank you!

And I want to see this video!

Each carcinogen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for cancer.

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

j3tch1u   10 kW

10 kW

Post by j3tch1u » Aug 31 2011 12:40pm

liveforphysics wrote:j3tch1u- Your DIY CroMo frame, and AussieJester's frames were what gave me the inspiration to attempt my own frame build.

Thank you!

And I want to see this video!
apologies for the absence fellas. i haven't forgotten about es. this is not the end of Dogati. currently, i am building 6 more "Dogati pods" for some friends. along with a nifty android app, it will be an experiment in group consciousness, flock behavior.

kfong   1 MW

1 MW

Post by kfong » Aug 31 2011 12:49pm

Welcome back Ben, we miss seeing posts of your amazing creation.

johnrobholmes   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by johnrobholmes » Aug 31 2011 1:20pm

Flock behavior, like nobody can go faster than your bike and you can turn down their power at will? :mrgreen:

j3tch1u   10 kW

10 kW

Post by j3tch1u » Aug 31 2011 2:57pm

johnrobholmes wrote:Flock behavior, like nobody can go faster than your bike and you can turn down their power at will? :mrgreen:
haha...no that probably wouldn't win me any friends. once i figure out some concrete ways to do this in material terms i'll let loose some ideas.

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Aug 31 2011 3:20pm

Throttles all linked via WiFi to sum and average the collective throttle signal and allow that to pass onto the controller?

Hmm... That wouldn't work unless all riders were the same weight and nobody brakes more than anyone else.

Maybe WiFi linking of GPS coordinates buffered with accelerometer data to enable a group to all cruise around together?

Perhaps you mean flock, in the way that they rotate highest energy need positions to the mutual benefit of all the folks in the flock, so
maybe a web based setup using GPS to coordinate and plan to let folks with low batteries trade bikes with folks that have full batteries, but are going to a charging location soon or don't have as much distance to travel as the other guy?

Each mutagen vapor exposure includes a dice roll for reproductive genetic defects in your children.

Each engine start sprays them into a shared atmosphere which includes beings not offered an opportunity to consent accepting these cancer experiences and defective genetics life experiences.

Every post is a free gift to the collective of minds composing the living bleeding edge of LEV development on our spaceship.

j3tch1u   10 kW

10 kW

Post by j3tch1u » Sep 01 2011 5:40am

liveforphysics wrote:Throttles all linked via WiFi to sum and average the collective throttle signal and allow that to pass onto the controller?

Hmm... That wouldn't work unless all riders were the same weight and nobody brakes more than anyone else.

Maybe WiFi linking of GPS coordinates buffered with accelerometer data to enable a group to all cruise around together?

Perhaps you mean flock, in the way that they rotate highest energy need positions to the mutual benefit of all the folks in the flock, so
maybe a web based setup using GPS to coordinate and plan to let folks with low batteries trade bikes with folks that have full batteries, but are going to a charging location soon or don't have as much distance to travel as the other guy?
i like those ideas. the goal is to integrate pack mentality in a fun way (either close quarters or dispersed) but it has to be positive (no midnight marauders on a crime binge) lol.

j3tch1u   10 kW

10 kW

Post by j3tch1u » Sep 01 2011 6:03am

guys, earlier this year i started an ev project. it is a single-seat performance sports-car. we are still searching for the holy grail drive system with best power/weight/size that can hit 250kw peaks. tentatively going forward with remy HVH250-115P motor. controller options for this motor are also pretty scarce--700VDC would be ideal but we'd settle for 360. if any car gurus wanna chime in that would be excellent.

btw, does anyone know any free-lance class-A surfacing experts (alias automotive preferred)?

Samd   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by Samd » Jan 04 2012 5:11pm

+1 subscribed
http://ballaratebikes.com/

ImageImageImage
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that a 165mm rear shock can't deliver 220mm of rear swingarm travel." - Oprah Winfrey.

whereswally606   100 kW

100 kW

Post by whereswally606 » Jan 04 2012 9:09pm

just lost 2hrs and a half of my life, but what a two hours.

Like everyone else on here im completely overwhelmed by the quality, I think we must have very similar tastes and thought processes.

1. two of the three ebikes im building have girvin forks

2. I bought 2 matex planetaries about a year back with the thought of trying to do what Ben has shown possible.

3. I love the ducati frame style

4. sniping on ebay for girvins, yes and aussie jester try noleen and proflex as search terms too.

one day I am going to build my EV but for now i drive a 1st gen honda insight.

5. am currently studying computer sciences hpoing to make java/processing/arduino integrate with ebike diagnostics. What I think is missing seems to be reviewable real time visuals of all the points of failure simultaneously, ie temp of windings, temp of fets, volts, speed, etc kind of a beefed up CA which would output colourfully dynamically on any android phone. I know it can be done just got to figure out how.

in summary though I wish I had the skills to pull this build off

dont believe i'll ever be in Bens ebike league but
Distributing "Lebowski" FOC Controller PCB (Through hole) since 2016
Moped: Emax 110s 2009

j3tch1u   10 kW

10 kW

Post by j3tch1u » Jan 04 2012 9:44pm

whereswally606 wrote:just lost 2hrs and a half of my life, but what a two hours.
haha, es will do that to you. if it's any consolation, the build took 3 years...so you actually saved time!

Samd   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by Samd » Jan 05 2012 6:22am

Any chance of some dogati video?
http://ballaratebikes.com/

ImageImageImage
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that a 165mm rear shock can't deliver 220mm of rear swingarm travel." - Oprah Winfrey.

fechter   100 GW

100 GW

Post by fechter » Jan 05 2012 9:14am

j3tch1u wrote:guys, earlier this year i started an ev project. it is a single-seat performance sports-car. we are still searching for the holy grail drive system with best power/weight/size that can hit 250kw peaks. tentatively going forward with remy HVH250-115P motor. controller options for this motor are also pretty scarce--700VDC would be ideal but we'd settle for 360. if any car gurus wanna chime in that would be excellent.
Wow, that looks like quite a motor!
Here's the datasheet:
http://www.remyinc.com/docs/HVH250_r3_Sept_2010.pdf

Can you actually get one? You could probably drive it with a modified industrial VFD drive. That's going to take a large battery.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

j3tch1u   10 kW

10 kW

Post by j3tch1u » Jan 05 2012 1:05pm

Samd wrote:Any chance of some dogati video?
waiting on some new motors to replace the dead one on the bike. i will try to get a viddie once the bike is operational again.

j3tch1u   10 kW

10 kW

Post by j3tch1u » Jan 05 2012 1:20pm

fechter wrote: Can you actually get one? You could probably drive it with a modified industrial VFD drive. That's going to take a large battery.
yes, the prototypes are available for purchase (they are not in production yet). however, we are working with one of their VARs (better service) and currently waiting for more info on the water-cooled HVH. as far as inverter, Rinehart and possibly Tritium are the only options it seems.

ghettoracer   1 mW

1 mW

Post by ghettoracer » Feb 05 2012 11:47pm

I think I"m the only person in the world that's ridden both DeathBike 4.0 and Dogati!! :-)

j3tch1u   10 kW

10 kW

Post by j3tch1u » Feb 15 2012 11:54pm

ghettoracer wrote:I think I"m the only person in the world that's ridden both DeathBike 4.0 and Dogati!! :-)
frank, you are like the neil armstrong of ebikers!

liveforphysics   100 GW

100 GW

Post by liveforphysics » Feb 16 2012 12:06am

j3tch1u wrote:
ghettoracer wrote:I think I"m the only person in the world that's ridden both DeathBike 4.0 and Dogati!! :-)

Youre more than welcome to join that elite club Ben. :-)

Next time youre in the bay, come experience it.

Next time im in Taiwan I would love to try the beautiful Dogati.

I will be in China again for the second week of next month if you want to paint the town red together. Not Shenzhen though, lame-o Ghan Zhou (or however its spelled).

Then Maui for the last week if you want to chill there. Got a beach craving.

j3tch1u   10 kW

10 kW

Post by j3tch1u » Mar 05 2012 5:22pm

luke, i will definitely head down to sc with ghettoracer next time i'm in town. but first i have to produce the first batch of dogatii and ship a few down there for me and ghettoboy to ride.

if you can swing by taiwan, you could catch the Taipei Cycle show (mar 7-10). dogati will be on display at Pacific Cycles booth and available for test ride. free room & board at my house plus entertainment :) my friend also has a vacant resort (10,749 sq ft) that he has graciously offered to let me use. i could call a few "friends" to come play.

liveforphysics wrote:
j3tch1u wrote:

Youre more than welcome to join that elite club Ben. :-)

Next time youre in the bay, come experience it.

Next time im in Taiwan I would love to try the beautiful Dogati.

I will be in China again for the second week of next month if you want to paint the town red together. Not Shenzhen though, lame-o Ghan Zhou (or however its spelled).

Then Maui for the last week if you want to chill there. Got a beach craving.

j3tch1u   10 kW

10 kW

Post by j3tch1u » Mar 06 2012 1:08pm

my first video (not a great performance). the Alfine 11 hub is busted and i'm struggling to keep the gears from slipping. the alfine is also not shifting when i want it to. advice: don't use the Alfine 11 if you have more than 250 watts :oops: btw, i start pedalling air passing the police station @ 0.40 min.

j3tch1u   10 kW

10 kW

Post by j3tch1u » Mar 06 2012 1:11pm

video #2. swapped out the Alfine 11 for an old Nuvinci. no more gear skipping anxiety :P

j3tch1u   10 kW

10 kW

Post by j3tch1u » Mar 06 2012 1:17pm

video #3. uphill. the HTD belt is quite loud. draws too much attention. this gopro hero2 shoots decently at night.

Byte   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Byte » Mar 06 2012 3:15pm

Awesome! :mrgreen: What's your topspeed?

fechter   100 GW

100 GW

Post by fechter » Mar 06 2012 7:03pm

Nice! That thing really moves.
"One test is worth a thousand opinions"