Shumaker + FFR= Nasty Trikes

FFR Trikes

100 mW
Hey everyone,

Spent a lot of time on here as VRdublove, but I wanted to give the latest update on what we've been working on.

We've been chipping away at getting a bulletproof "package" that's optimized for power, efficiency, fast charge times, and reliability. We came up with what we're calling the T1:
T1_2.jpg

CIMG0733.jpg

CIMG0721.jpg

Stock setup is:
FFR-Spec KMX Platform w/ Hookworms and 9-spd
Recumpence Drive with 4kW Astro 3215 geared for 30 mph
Laser-cut and TIG-welded black krinkle powdercoated insulated battery and electronics enclosure (mouthful!)
44.4V 25 Ah LiPo Battery w/handheld balancers for 25-50 miles of range
1kW charger (1 hour to 80%, 1.5 hours to 100%)
Cycle analyst with CNC-machined center console

This trike has been a blast to build and ride. It really is a do-anything setup.

We're also offering our weathertight laser-cut enclosures for all KMX applications:
skidSolo.jpg

SkidRear.jpg

Skid1.jpg

Our "Skidplate" can be ordered prewired for the Astro motor, charger, Cycle Analyst, throttle, and balancers, or as a bare shell.

Enjoy!

Agreed, VERY nicely packaged!!

Price for battery enclosure? Any reason it couldn't be 88.8v/12.5ah? Very slick looking.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

AmpEater,

The price for the Laser-cut enclosure is $435. That's the powdercoated shell, insulated shell with no connectors, keyswitch, batteries, etc.

The battery pockets can fit 1.1kWh of LiPo. We fit 30 cells per side, so I see no problem with 88.8V 12.5 Ah.

Thanks,
Tommy

Very nice KMX build :D ,
Looks like a really well balanced and reliable package. Battery enclosure looks great and its a Perfect spot to have the weight down low and in the centre. Stone guard for the reduction drive is a good idea to. There isn't much more you could ask for in a pre build package.

Over all love the trike.

Kurt

Pure awesomeness!! Having said that, why not mount the battery box higher and further to the rear? Ground clearance looks to be about 4" max. Good luck on your business adventure, you could not have partnered with a better guy. Where's the Conti? :wink:

If someone were to start a racing series based on your design, that would be something!

Tom and I have been co-funding and co-developing a few things lately. I can tell you there are some cool things in the works, both mechanically and electrically. The guys at FFR are really passionate about what they do and I am glad to be a part of it.

When FFR started, we worked together to solve the problems that used to be commonplace with these systems. Now there is very little left to be developed other than increasing efficiency (not needed, but fun to work on), reducing sound, increasing reliability as far as possible and figure out what is the "Ideal" setup for most people. Beyond that, we are both struggling to order products and materials in a large enough quantity to keep costs down without taking out a huge loan. We are both growing our businesses as we can and helping each other out every step of the way.

Matt

Back