Found a source for 80-100 while HK is sold out $170 shipped.

E-racer

1 kW
I messaged this manufacturer for a price quote on 1 motor.
http://skyhobby.en.alibaba.com/prod...er_Brushless_electric_motors_for_RC_toys.html

I was very surprised when I received this message back,

Dear Mr. Kevin Gautier,

How is everything? so glad to receive your 2 inquiries. :)

Many thanks for your attention to our products, we are factory in China of exporting rc motor, rc helicopter, rc transmitter and so on, so i can offer you warehouse price. and we are also golden supplier in Alibaba.

For 1 pc C80100KV130 motor, i can offer you $137.29, the shipping cost to US is $31.45. so the total amount for your order is $168.74.

We can also accept paypal payment.

Looking forward to cooperating with esteemed company. :)

If you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Shelly is always here to be your good helper in your business success.

Have a nice day.

(*^__^*)

Shelly

:| It says DC motor and it shows a picture of a threaded shaft?? Im not to sure is there any specs on this?

The pic of "Shelly" looks to have been snatched from http://68ps.com/ hrmz... any chances "Shelly" might really be a dude :-| LoL... Motors though looks the same as the one i got from HK

KiM

afew people have bought from there i would guess, myself included. Nothing has arrived yet tho but its only been 1.5weeks so its still under normal shipping times.

Tho they seem to have gone up in price since i bought some earlier, 1 for a project and one as a spare. I was paying the same price as hobbyking was selling them for.
Derek

Bluefang said:
afew people have bought from there i would guess, myself included. Nothing has arrived yet tho but its only been 1.5weeks so its still under normal shipping times.

Tho they seem to have gone up in price since i bought some earlier, 1 for a project and one as a spare. I was paying the same price as hobbyking was selling them for.
Derek

Glad to hear from someone who's tried this source. Have they sent you tracking information? I think the rise in price is somewhat due to the rise in neodymium magnet price.

I enquired about getting 10 motosr from sky hobby they said they could do it and then informed me they were back ordered.

Please let us know when your order arrives.

I have a tracking number, if their back ordered that option for buying the motors is probably gone. We have probably bought out all their remaining stock :(

I wish the new motors would come soon as i am thinking of a project that would require ~10 of the large motors :mrgreen:

I inquired about the stock of these motors and received this response:

Hey Kevin Gautier,

How are you? It is from Shelly again. :)

I have checked this motor just now, although it is out of stock now, but it would be in stock around 2-3weeks.

If you would like to wait for it, you can place order firstly, then when the motor is in stock, i can ship to you at first time. :)

Any questions, contact me.

Shelly.

E-racer said:
I inquired about the stock of these motors and received this response:

Hey Kevin Gautier,

How are you? It is from Shelly again. :)

I have checked this motor just now, although it is out of stock now, but it would be in stock around 2-3weeks.

If you would like to wait for it, you can place order firstly, then when the motor is in stock, i can ship to you at first time. :)

Any questions, contact me.

Shelly.
Well if you want one i would just order it now. This way you lock your price in! When they get their next shipment of the motors and find the price is more then doubled they will raise their price on the listing!

yeah I have several already on order with HK it would be nice if they get them in but they told me they don't foresee getting them in the next three months.

It used to be that they were only backordered 2-3 weeks at a shot.

I wonder if sky Hobby is going to have the same problems

AussieJester said:
The pic of "Shelly" looks to have been snatched from http://68ps.com/ hrmz... any chances "Shelly" might really be a dude :-| LoL... Motors though looks the same as the one i got from HK

KiM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i love chinese sales people / customer care. 99% they are very fast to reply, very polite and hard working. I wish we had this level of service in Europe. Yes i noticed they like to put nice pics but each time i see nice picture, i would "btw" the conversation at some stage to say a compliment and ask for a bigger picture - they normally do put their own pictures from my experience !

wojtek said:
i love chinese sales people / customer care. 99% they are very fast to reply, very polite and hard working. I wish we had this level of service in Europe. Yes i noticed they like to put nice pics but each time i see nice picture, i would "btw" the conversation at some stage to say a compliment and ask for a bigger picture - they normally do put their own pictures from my experience !

Oh sure, they are very prompt in responding to your emails when its time for you to pay. As soon as they have received the money....you can forget about getting any more emails in a timely manner

Red_Liner740 said:
Oh sure, they are very prompt in responding to your emails when its time for you to pay. As soon as they have received the money....you can forget about getting any more emails in a timely manner

well that is not my experience. Maybe i was lucky, maybe i just did the right things in dealing with them.
Maybe CS quality is improving over there in China.

Just an example - I got some LED strips with the latest 5050 Tri-chip SMD. On arrival i realized that there had NO adhesive sticky backing. OK i have never stated clearly that i want them with the adhesive as it was quite clear FOR ME.
So i skyped them and within 5 min the sales person apologized me and then organized to send me a FREE replacement + 3M adhesive for my existing rolls.

Also Im getting great service from the factory where i'm getting the cables, wires, harness, balance leads ect for ES members. Before and after sale.

I noticed that human and personal approach is much better than strickly cold and professional communication.

But yes, i am sure you can all sorts of people and experiences in China. Im not idealizing them. Just sharing my experience.

The motors have arrived, exactly the same with HK the quality control is pot luck :mrgreen: One motor seems near perfect winding is all straight and held in place with small dabs of glue, allen bolts around the skirt are centered properly and tight etc. On the other its kinda all over the place with wires that seem to be running over each other rather then a ordered winding.

But they look like they will work fine and the magnets are glued in reasonably well. Motor is exaclty the same as the Turnigy ones but with a different lable. And seeing as the new Hobbyking motors are coming out now i ll be looking to buy them as they will be more then likely much better in terms of quality control now.

Derek

Sorry doubble post ES is acting weird right now.

What about these motors http://www.aero-model.com/Hacker-Brushless-Motors-By-Series.aspx

at up to 5x the cost of the motors normaly, thats alot of bearings and rewindings you can do :)

The SK3 motors coming out in HK seem to be comparably priced to the old turnigys so they should still be a great deal for the modifiers :)
I dont think you will be able to get the old turnigy motors anymore, i think everything we have been able to buy recently is the old stock thats just been sitting around in different hobby shops, i would guess that this style of motor is been replaced by the SK3 style and the labling will just be different for different sellers. Atleast thats my guess :mrgreen:

Bluefang said:
The SK3 motors coming out in HK seem to be comparably priced to the old turnigys so they should still be a great deal for the modifiers :)
I dont think you will be able to get the old turnigy motors anymore, i think everything we have been able to buy recently is the old stock thats just been sitting around in different hobby shops, i would guess that this style of motor is been replaced by the SK3 style and the labling will just be different for different sellers. Atleast thats my guess :mrgreen:

Interesting, DO you think they will make a SK motor in 80-100 size? Currently the SK on HK site only goes up to 63-74. I kind of wonder what 12s w/ 100a kelly would do on the 63-74. Heard any word on when stock of the SK motors will arrive?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17987__Turnigy_RotoMax_50cc_Size_Brushless_Outrunner_Motor.html

I saw that thing this morning. I think it would be tough to make it drive a sprocket through the shaft. That motor is intended to mount the prop to the outer bell. I could possibly make a new shaft for it that could adapt it. Its hard to know without having one in front of me. I think it has more than 14slots so that wouldn't work with my kelly's 40k ERPM limit.

I dont think thats the motor we are waiting for. I would bet my bottom dollar that they will bring out another larger SK3 style motor or something almost the same as the old 80-100, at a similar price or something like $150

That motor is too similar to the largest of the turnigy motors that came out along time ago which were alot more expensive then the normal 80-100 due to having better quality bearings and over all build.

Found an new 80-100 on ebay for 78$ + shipping a couple of weeks ago. Could be worth checking ebay every now and then.

That new motor would actually be very easy to use. It would actually be very nice with the rear mount on the inside of a square enclosure like Whiplash has built. By taking the prop mount off and putting a bearing on the opposite side wall you would have a fully supported motor and protected.

Arlo1 said:
What about these motors http://www.aero-model.com/Hacker-Brushless-Motors-By-Series.aspx

Kamil from velokraft used one of those on one of his recumbents - they are great motors for ebike use and extremely powerful.

I actually got one for a project that has been dead so might have one brand new never used A200-6 for sale

Have you been adventurous enough to take a look at the bearings? Does it also have skirt bearings? There are 3 possible options for this supplier:

1. It could be the actually supplier for Hobby King, which might mean that HK does not plan on continuing the motors :oops:
2. It could be an enterprising individual who has seen the need for these motors to continue to be produced and have copied them with reasonable quality
3. It could be someone who is trying to make a fast buck and is putting out material that looks good on the outside but does not have substantive quality.

Which one do you think it is?

...and..out of curiosity...why do you think the new HK motors will have better quality control in the mfg of them? What I see happening in China is that they are learning to stretch less material over more products to make something that will last the length of the warranty plus a few days for good measure :(

Bluefang said:
The motors have arrived, exactly the same with HK the quality control is pot luck :mrgreen: One motor seems near perfect winding is all straight and held in place with small dabs of glue, allen bolts around the skirt are centered properly and tight etc. On the other its kinda all over the place with wires that seem to be running over each other rather then a ordered winding.

But they look like they will work fine and the magnets are glued in reasonably well. Motor is exaclty the same as the Turnigy ones but with a different lable. And seeing as the new Hobbyking motors are coming out now i ll be looking to buy them as they will be more then likely much better in terms of quality control now.

Derek

Back