Supremely over the top in terms of safety features and monitoring, as per usual
The batteries are 12S2P Zippy 5AH, mounted in a ABS plastic box on the forks (Rockshox world cup boxxers) as per oatnet's build. The case is a jaycar job, with the fork clamps being made from HDPE, with an aluminium 19mm square RHS (for want of a better description) giving enough offset from the forks to allow the controller and a DC:DC converter to be mounted out-of-sight on the rear of the box.
Monitoring is done with two cell-log 8's, with my own customised drain mod board (ie a high voltage opamp buffer, complete with balancer capable of 80 mA - all suface mount). There is a charge control to ensure that the batteries are not too low, or too high when charging.
Batteries are covered with coroplast, mounted to HDPE subframe (removable) and surrounded with foam. Whole thing weighs 5Kg (with batteries), which was the aim of the game.
I'll have a look and see if I have any photos. Its been slow going, mainly due to redesign after redesign of the bms
And having no time with work/kids etc etc.
The case I used is the Jaycar HB6224 - Sealed Polycarbonate Enclosures 171 x 121 x 80 - It fits 4 zippys in fine, no problems. They have a larger case that would fit 8 (!) but its freaking huge. I took it home and put it on the bike and - no way. Looks stupid, and bulky. I still need to be able to lift the front! The RHS is 19mm from bunnies wharehouse, and the end caps come from clarke rubber. The HDPE came as offcuts from a plastics supplier for about $5 or so, attacked with a holesaw (32mm) and a circular saw + router.
Its designed to light and bulletproof - I break things the way I ride. You know, arms and such
GNG offroad build on Craftworks DHR with 12S2P lipo. Light, balanced, powerful, able to climb a tree.
Project Vectrii (2) - status - Finished. Nope. 38S Leaf cells are next. Now have 2 of them - Averages 50Wh/Klm