jman wrote:Is it just me or does something look bent on that gng?
It totally looks bent. I've measured the tolerances a half dozen times now after coming back from rides because I was convinced something had bent but it's all aligned and straight, it just looks like that because the jackshaft is offset by about a cm.
Great design - looks like #415 primary with freewheel in large #415 pulley - so yea you have to pedal against the jackshaft load but I imagine that's not so difficult
Great build, hoping for more details - parts list... I've got a Gen1 I'd like to do something similar too.
You may want to replace the bottom mounts with Lightning Rods (Mike) lowers, they are much more stout and should handle your power levels much more reliabially!
The original freewheel is still there and works fine, so I'm not turning the jackshaft when I pedal. The freewheel I added is redundant and was simply the easiest way to mount the 80t sprocket.
I added a parts list for the primary chain conversion to the OP, let me know if you need any more details.
Waiting on some lower sheets from LightningRods, I haven't had any problems with the stock lower sheets at this power level but it would certainly be nice to lose the idler.
christerljung wrote:I like that frame!!
Be carefull to lock the GNG/phanpy freewheel. It wants to unscrew itself. I got mine locked with weld and locktite. It horlds up fine for high power thou.
Mount a Little torquestrut and the sheets will stay straight.
I'm not sure what you mean about a torquestrut? I'll put a few spot welds on the freewheel next time I'm working on the bike, so far it has worked reliably.
One of my new zippy packs died after the first charge. I came back and the pack was quite warm, the balance connector showed one of the cells at about 1v and dropping, and the multimeter showed different resistance across this cell compared to the others. I charge the pack with the balance lead unplugged and the damaged cell got up to about 2v but started to lose charge again when I unplugged it and got warm again, so I left it in the tub and checked it again the next day, and the cell was dead at 0v.
After separating the dead cell, I noticed that the dead lipo cells bag filled with air after separation which leads me to believe that a hole developed in this cell after the first use, causing it to die.
Some quick surgery and I've got a working 6s pack:
I don't really know what the range is, I got about 25-30mins of hard riding with 2 battery packs and the stock controller, I would say it's around 40-45 mins now, and way more fun