Programming the Bafang Middrive BBS01+BBS02

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
tomjasz
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Re: Programming the Bafang Middrive BBS01+BBS02

Post by tomjasz » Jun 04, 2017 12:46 am

waynebergman wrote:Has anyone heard of any Mac based solutions for Programming our Bafang controllers? I was given a PC that I was only going to use for reprogramming my controller but that PC laptop just quit working. I really dont want to buy a PC just for this purpose if I can somehow use my Mac for the job. Also, I am not interested in running the virtual PC options on my Mac.

Ive been finally playing with a switcheroonie, very cool, can upload, download and store several versions.
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.

JoeAverage
1 µW
1 µW

Post by JoeAverage » Jul 07, 2017 12:55 pm

FWIW It looks like I can use the BaFang config tool in free Mint Linux (Cinnamon and KDE desktops) with the free Wine emulator.

Will check soon - am waiting on a replacement battery charger.

That allows me to run my old netbook that someone gave me without looking for a Windows machine to use to program my BBSHD.

Thunderass
1 µW
1 µW

Post by Thunderass » Jan 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Hello everybody. i have bbs02b 750 watt motor. i want to make usb programmable cable. i bought PL2303 TTL USB converter.But my display connection tipe is HIGO-B3 (https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/inde ... -b3-detail this one it has 3 pins)i think it doesnt have pl p+ .Anyone knows about how must it be connect to cables?

tomjasz
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Post by tomjasz » Jan 12, 2018 2:24 pm

Thunderass wrote:
Jan 12, 2018 2:16 pm
Hello everybody. i have bbs02b 750 watt motor. i want to make usb programmable cable. i bought PL2303 TTL USB converter.But my display connection tipe is HIGO-B3 (https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/inde ... -b3-detail this one it has 3 pins)i think it doesnt have pl p+ .Anyone knows about how must it be connect to cables?
Review this thread and post.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 75#p915172
You should be connecting to the green Higo. To controller.
Thanks Justin_le we're here thanks to you. All the best to the mods for their tireless work keeping it on an even keel.

Thunderass
1 µW
1 µW

Post by Thunderass » Feb 03, 2018 4:16 pm

tomjasz wrote:
Jan 12, 2018 2:24 pm
Thunderass wrote:
Jan 12, 2018 2:16 pm
Review this thread and post.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 75#p915172
You should be connecting to the green Higo. To controller.
Thanks for your helping.i succesfully plug with hand made cable to motor.
These are my settings.

i have questions if you help me i ll appreciate.
1-After flash these settings my throttle was limited by speed.(40 km/s)Before throttle doesnt have speed limit.And i didnt any backup before flashing:(
2-Sometimes if i pedalling to backward ,motor is shaking .Generally on low speeds.
How can i fix these.

i fixed...

espresso
10 mW
10 mW

Post by espresso » Mar 26, 2018 12:36 pm

teslanv wrote:
Apr 24, 2014 9:39 am
ziltoid81 wrote:
Got the same interface like yours, but still to dumb to get a connection......3 wires to the Interface (gnd, rx, tx), switched rx and tx, shortened pl and p+ on the controllerplug to the motor/controller.
Connect battery and hit the connect button.....the same happens every time.

Always get an "error opening serial port" either the cables are connected or not.
The interface is showing a red light all the time and when i disconned the battery from the motor, a blue led light up for 2-3seconds(on the interface).

I ordered another interface, but now i see yours the same....
You dont get all the actions to work, but at least you got a connection
Maybe i should solder my wiring again.
Dont know where to start again.....

Do i need to setup the interface via windows?
Just installed the driver for the interface and opened the bafang software.
The interface is properly listed, without any warnings, in the device manager.
You will need to enter the COMM port ID in the software. Look for the Breakout Board hardware in the "Ports" Section of the Device Manager. Mine Was identified as "COM7"

Then, in the controllerst software, type in COM7 (or whatever port yours is) - The software should then be able to communicate with your PC.

Click "Connect" and you should be up and running.
My experience is that it won't connect to any port other than Com 1-4.
If it tries to designate the programming cable to any other port, you have to change the number to 1-4 whichever one is free.