Hi there, didn't manage to thread through the whole thread, was stopped at the page 5.
If this fault was mentioned before and successfully fixed - be excused - I shall find this in the coming hours, browsing through the thread.
Motor: BBS-01 36V 500W 25A
Bought: Feb 2014 (8 months ago)
Mileage: 2,375 kms (3,500 km annual)
Battery: 10s5p Samsung 26f cells
Bike: LvsH Bullitt Cargo Bike
Commute: daily commuter to/from work (11 kms), 3/7 extra school runs with pax (18 kms),
- lack of power, can no longer "boost" by pressing the thumb throttle
- lack of power, got back in line with other cyclists, the retired ones particularly
- thumb throttle stopped working, sometimes rotates the chainring by 3' angle, stops under load, othertimes not even up to rotate the crank,
- 'pedestrian mode' working OK (load / no load)
- PAS 5/5 getting the rear wheel up to speed (~55 km/h) under no load (wheel up in the air), smooth
- PAS 5/5 under load allows for cruising at 22 km/h (used to be >38 km/h), jerky
- PAS 5/5 max current 9A under load (commuting), used to be ~15A, jerky
- PAS 3/5 max current 9A under load (commuting), used to be ~9A, jerky
- display works as usual, no error codes, no flicking or shutting off
- resetting the system by turning the display off/on and/or the battery off/on doesn't work.
All of the above happened once (Thursday last, lasted about an hour) then everything got back to normal.
Hit again today - no amount of restarts, rests switched off seems to help.
Few charts from Speedict Mars:
How it used to be - throttle boost, up to 23A
How it used to be - PAS 5/5, 16A max
Now - PAS 5/5, 9A max, jerky, very irregular pattern, starts, reaches peak current, shuts off, restarts. Speedo sensor is dead - don't bother.
Now - PAS 3/5, 9A max, assists @5A for longer times, periodically shuts off, not as jerky. Speedo sensor is dead - don't bother.
Any ideas / fixes most welcome.
I don't even know where to start.
Disregard the above.
This is definitely a NuVinci hub fault.
Less than optimal amount of oil inside the hub stalls the hub in the highest "gear" setting.
Must be something else. As the above assumption was proven wrong this morning.
Battery charged up over night. Connected. One leg of the commute covered no issues.
Trouble started on return:
- lacking power (no matter of NuVinci gesr setting) to no power when battery display shows "full",
- display showing "full", throttle down, LCD down to "none", throttle released, LCD back to "full" and again..,
- After hard restart - "full" as long as not peddling, on crank turn - "none", shuts down.
- Restart... and so on...
- up to the moment where the error code appeared on the display "Err 30"
0x30 communication has problem
Got to recheck the connections.
Found in the mainthread
CellBalance wrote: spinningmagnets wrote:
reddit member "anontrol" has reported that he bought two of the BBS02 units direct from China (through Ali-XX?), and has reported that both of them have a defective controller. The bad units are marked "C950 V4.0", though I suspect the version type is not a bad design so much as middle-men are selling factory QA reject units through third parties.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ebikes/comments ... fang_8fun/
One of two C961 displays I got with 750W BB-02 kits started showing only "er 30" message ~2 seconds after booting
, which a rep tells me means "communication problem" (fyi, that error message is not listed in motor or display manuals). Doesn't affect motor performance, but I can't see speed or PAS level since the error message takes over the display screen.
Same rep says C961 is "very reliable". But when I swapped out with my other identical display it worked fine.
Ergo the problem is with that first display
I'm sending it back for the 8Fun/Bafnag techno-wizards to diagnose. Hopefully a new warranty replacement display will be forthcoming but I'm told C961 has been replaced/upgrade/had pigtail changed rendering my older one obsolete since the new display (& maybe harness) connectors are all different.
I know my <Nov. '13 all-black harness was since upgraded by 8Fun/Bafang to a multi-colored harness.
Is it a faulty display then?
Another suggested fix
Trex wrote:remove the C961 silver battery to force a reset. (...)
I mean opening the C961, remove the little 3V battery, wait a couple of minutes and refit or replace the battery.
Migth try that one before putting an order for a new display.
Larry vs. Harry Bullitt Cargo Bike, BBS-01 36V 500W, NuVinci N360, 46T-21T, 14.6 Ah Li-Ion