Bafang/8fun BBS01/02: Twist Throttle or Thumb Throttle?

66dellwood

100 µW
Curious what most of you are using. Is there a strong preference or practical reason why one may be better than the other?

My build has a thumb throttle. My intention is to remove it all together as I prefer to ride and e-assisted bike but I still need to get this beast on the road so will not know for sure till then.

Andrew

Took me about two weeks before I broke the thumb tab on a thumb throttle. :lol: Still works by filing/sanding down the broken bit & gorilla gluing a replacement tab using the square end of the zip tie. Now the throttle looks stealthy.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=60023&p=899277&hilit=Wuxing#p899277

I didn't like my twist throttles on scooters so I went thumb throttle on my EBike. Out of three I have a favorite. So far it's been unobtanium.

teslanv said:
I prefer the 1\2-twist throttle.
Any particular version? Is there a cruise control that will work with the BBS01-2?

tomjasz said:
teslanv said:
Any particular version? Is there a cruise control that will work with the BBS01-2?
The throttle came with my kit from lectriccycles. Don't know about cruise. With PAS mode, I don't feel the need for "cruise"

teslanv said:
tomjasz said:
teslanv said:
The throttle came with my kit from lectriccycles. Don't know about cruise. With PAS mode, I don't feel the need for "cruise"
Interesting, My preferred thumb throttle is also from Lectric.

: Twist Throttle or Thumb Throttle?
I have 4 cyclone midrives they come with left side thumb or twist throttle -----I hated the throttle on right as one cannot change gear
& throttle back at the same time so from the first one on for all & other I've done for 2 people .I bought twist throttle putting it on left side & used epoxy NEED IT to create it into thumb throttle ---still cannot understand bikes with gears on right( ! only use rear derailer or nu-vinci)that e bike kits put throttle on right .
Mine a thrill to change gears so kids & i reckon.----No brake cut offs or any other peddalex or whatever.

half twist throttle ? or a full twist throttle ?
I will prefer only the thumb throttle only. they will give you the best control on your speed constant, / all the way /or just half way. if you going for full twist throttle I will say is difficult to choose a speed you like , to stay there for sometimes.

I prefer 1/2 twist throttle for any type of aggressive riding.
As soon as you stand up or if the bike is bucking around over rough stuff, thumb throttles become very difficult.
I'd suggest for offroad a 1/2 twist, or thumb just for commuting.
The gears on the right are the only issue with twist. I only run 1x9 gears so i just flipped the shifter upside down and put it on the left. Works great for me. I cant use a thumb throttle in rough stuff and holding it at half power for long stretches etc is hard on the thumb.
Thats just what I found with them anyway, good luck with the decision.

I was having hand cramps with my 1/2 twist throttle. Went to my local motorcycle store and found a throttle wrist rest for a few bucks. It actually works for me due to my hands being too small to comfortably wrap around the throttle.

I don't like my left thumb throttle.
My thumb gets tired.
I have written a message to
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=58780&p=906562#p906562
Can someone recommend appropriate twist throttle for Bafang mid-drive 750W?
I have changed thumb throttle to twist throttle.
Now the motor starts ubruptly after a little twist.
There are jerks under 10 km/h.
The motor started rather softly on thumb throttle before.
I'd like to avoid programming the controller,
because there is a headache to make a cable for that.

The style of thumb throttle used by lectric cyces rock. Very responsive. I mount it high and use it constantly with no stress. I like it far better than the twist throttle. And far better than the standard thumb throttle commonly sold. The only catch is, where to buy another. I'm told LC doesn't sell them individually apart from kits.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=60023&p=899277&hilit=Wuxing#p899277

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 3,449
Available at http://www.california-ebike.com

1236174_10204663445533274_5781450973911745711_n.jpg

No Throttle! :wink:

The BBS-02 I ordered from BMS Battery is programed so the throttle doesn't do anything at Assist Level 0, so I found the thumb throttle redundant and/or useless.

I do prefer a half-twist over thumb generally.

Back