eboost new friction drive kit

Adried

10 mW
I found a "new" friction drive, it seems to be a Kepler copy.

http://gboost.bike/index.php/de/home-de-de-gboost-system-erlebnis-vorteile/84-kategorie-de-de/legal-de-de

Won't this be noisy????

Miles said:
Adried said:
I found a "new" friction drive, it seems to be a Kepler copy.
It looks like it engages by means of an actuator?
I think it uses a cable to swing the motor unit to the wheel. You can see the cable and the video shows a scene where it seems there is a lever on the handlebar to engage the motor with the wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W2RJCd0k6w

Well I don't know guys. When I read Lorem Ipsum and so on I tend to judge those site pretty hard......

Attachments

• IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 4,183
  • IMG_0779.jpg
    IMG_0779.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 4,183
New info about the gboost kit on their website
http://gboost.bike/index.php/de/gboost-system-techische-details
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryqXZsq-GHw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It really is a very nice kit. Looks very complete and very enticing to even the most timid self-installer. Clearly, the folks behind this project have invested significant resources to develop and launch the entire program, everything from professional marketing video, website, packaging, product design, etc. It really is one of the best examples I have ever seen for a total DIY ebike conversion. Wish them well. I think the guy in the bike shop is the primary lead.

Kepler said:
I wish them well with their venture and am pleased to see the design out there. Power of Endless Sphere does it again. 8)
Much respect to that statement! I see so many intellectual property battles over similar ideas like this and you could have very easily freaked out and cried 'thief'.

Open-source to save the world! Your additude == real intellectual honesty!

r3volved said:
Kepler said:
I wish them well with their venture and am pleased to see the design out there. Power of Endless Sphere does it again. 8)
Much respect to that statement! I see so many intellectual property battles over similar ideas like this and you could have very easily freaked out and cried 'thief'.

Open-source to save the world! Your additude == real intellectual honesty!

Kepler is a beloved contributor here and we all appreciate that to no end. He likely has a good does of common sense about business too. Patents and such are only for big boys with big bucks at stake. I can think of not a single project here that might be sufficient enough to invest hard dollars and energy into pursuing a legal patent infringement case much less the expense of obtaining the patent in the first place.

Patents do not protect the holder of a patent unless the holder has sufficient capital to fight and that only makes sense unless the infringement is valued at big $$ which none of these ES projects are. They are primarily useful as an offensive weapon to go after an entity that has infringed on your patent. Doing so takes much resources and rarely financially pays off.

The only invention that comes to mind are the latest mid drive designs by Bosch and Panasonic for example. They have resources to do legal battle and the invention in question has sufficient market value to engage in the fight.

To put this into context, what if Kepler has the original design and even had it patented. Is he going to sue Bosch and think he will outspend their army of lawyers. Don't think so. What if Kepler used their design and contracted with a china company to clone the design. If Bosch were to sue him, what do you think he'll do?

In any event, it is great to see such a polished kit out there for not only individual DIYers but even LBC who could get into e-bikes with relative ease and comfort.

I hate the idea of patents...it's not just patents either, it's intellectual property in general.

A buddy of mine fought for 5 years and was awarded $1.5M for a stupid little windshield rain sensor that he designed. A similar device was implemented by one of the big auto companies and they basically paid him off to shut up about it (they purchased his napkin...wtf!?).

I have a real hard time supporting intellectual property written on a napkin and carried around just waiting for someone to file a lawsuit against.

It's dishonest and it stagnates innovation.

Thank you for the kind words, it is much appreciated.

One of the many reasons I do try and go into good detail with my builds here is so that it becomes close to impossible to lodge a patent against the idea due to the public documentation. As long as I am not locked out from my own idea by someone trying to claim rights to it, I am happy.

Is it possible to unlock the Gboost Gold version maximum speed 25km / h to bring it to the maximum speed 36km / h with App?
can someone tell me how to do it?
Regard

Back