Re-viving a Giant revive

Bob K

10 W
I came across a Giant Revive. It has died a slow death of neglect.
At least it was in a garage. I like the "cruiser" seating position
and the nice soft ride. But, I cannot find ANY technical information
on it! I know it's only 24v , But is there any repair manual to be had?
Is there any wiring diagram(s?) Any cross references to the Panasonic
motor in it? Yes, the battery is dead. But I have a box of Sanyo 2.5
18650's . If anyone has any info I would be very grateful. If anyone
has an inside line to Giant Bicycle Corp. and can help me out with information,
this could be a great project. I just do not want to get into a money-pit situation.
This is supposed to be fun!
Specifications and diagrams are all I am looking for.
In particular:
What are the motor mount dimensions?
( so I can mount a BIGGER MOTOR ! )
Bob K
( just say'n...)

Just have to say, IMO, the Giant Revive is a heavy, inefficient, hideous bike. Giant once made bikes for BikeE, and there was a bitter lawsuit where BikeE claimed Giant dragged their feet producing the BikeE so they could come out with their own competitor...the Revive. It removed the best of the BikeE, and increased the worst of the BikeE to create a monstrosity.

This thing always needed a motor. It was shite as a bike. Anyway, have fun.

Warren said:
Just have to say, IMO, the Giant Revive is a heavy, inefficient, hideous bike. Giant once made bikes for BikeE, and there was a bitter lawsuit where BikeE claimed Giant dragged their feet producing the BikeE so they could come out with their own competitor...the Revive. It removed the best of the BikeE, and increased the worst of the BikeE to create a monstrosity.

This thing always needed a motor. It was shite as a bike. Anyway, have fun.
That is really interesting!
I had no idea about the law suit. Imagine what we could have had if they just worked together!
Anyway, I love both BikeE's and the Giant revives and have converted both. I just love the relaxed position and uniqueness of them.

Please jump over to the new thread and chime in with your experience if you have time.

Cheers

Back