aft 1680

HY10

100 mW
Hello
my first post, like to share what $100 in magnets look like
the witness marks from the paint over spray leaves me to believe more of the smaller magnets where replaced
with larger ones

rps20141014_182045_243 (1).jpg

not really tested the range ,30 km trip shows full

Hi there
round a month
only 70km so far
it will do 45 kph with a little effort up hill
to date the brakes get hotter than the motor, summer coming
it has enough torque that i can feel the bike flex
not very service friendly with the chain cover in place

problems with the clamp on the down tube slipping just as others have
once it started moving i have been unable to put enough tension to hold it
looks like the motor bracket is softening with the flex

In the photo on the other thread it shows you only have 1 front clamp ? I think the newest version has 2 front clamps so twice the force and less likely to twisty so that maybe why .

But looking at the photo probably an even easier way for you to stop it twisting is to use the water bottle bolt that sits right next to it, if you drill a hole in the frame clamp for the size of the bolt , move the clamp over the frame hole and bolt through the clamp it will never twist again :)

The price you list above are they USD or AUD ? I think the AFT is a lot cheaper for USA people recently as AUD vs USA has dropped like 30% cheaper and lowest exchange since 2010 ?

So it was an easy fix in the end to add a 2nd front clamp ?

I was just reading back through this thread and it was suggested to you to add a second front one small downtube bikes 4 years ago lol some slow progress or not much of a problem ? Also how come you didn't get the AFT rubber lined clamps as those steel ones will scratch the frame ?

How many km's have you done so far ?

Hi
Added second strap straight away and adjusted it every other outing .
Used the claw that is part of the new clamps on one
No twisting of the clamps . So can now set chain line without over compensating for the movement
Much easier to ride harder with a finer clearance from output shaft and crank
The bbshd gets more use mostly because its silent
Not always had functional ODM so guessing 2K km

Thinking that I may have reduced the noise of the aft just a little by adding nulon ptfe gearbox oil additive for cars.And so much smoother better than the Indian ink that came with it

DNM USD 6 i think is great value . a year on review
purchase with the knowledge few if any parts will be available
i did need to replace the sponge bump stop with rubber, also add 40ml oil to top side of air leg to stop the leak down . route the brake hose much like a motorcycle ,seen some odd hose placements when looking for ideas, zip tie ,garden hose fittings and black paint.
ACS crossfire 13tooth did 10k km couldn't get a replacement ,excellent product.
ATA not suitable . odyssey now in use.
the gearbox shows little wear

aft 1680 .jpg

Attachments

• 1680 gear.jpg
    1680 gear.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 549
Cool so how many km on this build? So no wear on gearbox most online wear out fast with grease did you put the oil Inside it ? Do those magnets work

Total distance is 10k, mostly in the last two years . Australia :roll:
10 speed chain and freewheels, derailleur are now the weakest link.
Magnets did have some filings. I use clear plastic tubing as a sight glass for oil level .

10,000 km and no wear on the gearbox ? That's awesome compared to the all the tangent gearbox failures on here I think you did well on your choice so the oil in their and magnets seem to help as I recall the original cyclone gearboxes with grease wear out very fast . Or maybe it's hardened gears or something else AFT used in their .

Back