drive change cyclone kit

k-harvey

100 W
Just did a few test drives of my cyclone 24v ext controller (stuck to 24 seeing i had these good batteries left over from the 500w that burnt controller)
This bike i put the drive chain ring from motor inside (48t) & peddle one outside 52, I was surprised with the better performance with the motor being able to rev higher . now that we don't live on a big hill (Aussies would call it a mountain) & rarely did I use low gear (11 at back 48 front) I was quite often on level ground with my legs not being able to peddle fast enough, even had a road bike pass me ---enough of that.
This goes realy well & I think I;ll have to make the Nuvinci (1 wheel kit) into a 3 wheel kit & do the same, its 36v.(will try nuvinci smaller at back first) this new ext controller (narrower than headline & being narrower easy to fit) though did cut out but i was really working it.
The drive to motor on the inside for when testing & chain coming of was easy to resemble & a bit further in, so I wont be cutting off so many shoe laces -----Met a guy whose got cyclone 3 wheel kit 500w ( I bought it for him) who was telling me laughing about having to cut his whole trouser leg off after being caught. & don't any one say we should use that sprocket cover ya then need a 10mm spanner if grass etc takes off chain. A stick took off that cover once -straightened it out.

Hi no, i'm too ignorant about the electrics even have 3 motors in the hands of guys making ext controllers for them.+
this would be more their field . With the 500w ones I've had I've always thought when on the flat going hard at it that the motor should be revving higher & of course my legs can't pedal any faster. It sure gets to 40k an hr on the flat quick. i have 1 other 500w int controller bike to compare with but its hard to know whether this 24v ext controller is 480w or 650 as rated by cyclone.
years ago i went to 24v ext controller (headline) & it was definitely less power than the 500w with swapping manpower on our urban mountain.So upgraded it to 36v with considerable increase in power..

Back