[Solved] BBS02, C965 without wattmeter ?! PAS max 3 ?

alexis57

100 W
Hi,

I received my BBS02 some weeks ago but I just finished to build my battery pack.
Then I connected everything and I tried BUT I found out bad things.

1) My display is C965 but I cannot see the wattmeter, it's pretty different than the C965 I found on internet.
C965LCD.jpg

TVMB4Zz.jpg

2) The PAS level maximum is 3, I cannot go higher.
CXpyYNK.jpg

What can you tell me about it ?
The display is a counterfeit ?!

Thank you !

Where did you buy the kit from ?
Which seller ?
Did it not come with a throttle ?

By the Way, what does the befang mid drive weigh ? with the crank arms and everything , except the battery .

I bought on Aliexpress, I contacted the seller, he said he will send me a new display.
I don't have any scale then I don't know but on the package, it's 10.5Kg (full BBS02 without battery)
Yes, I have the throttle, the motor works fine without load.

When I have time, I'll assemble it on the bike.

I bought here : http://fr.aliexpress.com/item/11-11-products-bafang-8fun-motor-750w-bafang-750w-motor-kit-bafang-bbs02/32233339220.html

I have exactly the same one, yes you can change it to 9 assist levels.
Hold + and - for two seconds, then if i remember the same again, takes you to 3- 5 - 9 option.

Also mine didn`t have the Watt meter as was advertised, but as i`ve read it is next to useless anyway.

That is a better price than BMS Battery or Em3ev. I am more inclined to buy one the more it is priced at that price or even under $ 400 .
wonder if it says on it somewhere on the motor , what the manufacture date is ?, as there were some improvements on the BBS02 in the last 8 months or so. if it is not on the motor itself, could the seller tell you what the manufacture date was ?
>

alexis57 said:
I bought on Aliexpress, I contacted the seller, he said he will send me a new display.
I don't have any scale then I don't know but on the package, it's 10.5Kg (full BBS02 without battery)
Yes, I have the throttle, the motor works fine without load.

When I have time, I'll assemble it on the bike.

I bought here : http://fr.aliexpress.com/item/11-11-products-bafang-8fun-motor-750w-bafang-750w-motor-kit-bafang-bbs02/32233339220.html

Tommie, what is the weight of the motor/crank arms ?
Hopefully you weighed it before installing it .

Anyone else reading these posts, weigh theirs before installing it ?

>

tommie said:
I have exactly the same one, yes you can change it to 9 assist levels.
Hold + and - for two seconds, then if i remember the same again, takes you to 3- 5 - 9 option.

Also mine didn`t have the Watt meter as was advertised, but as i`ve read it is next to useless anyway.

P1000391.JPG
ScooterMan101 said:

As far as i can remember the motor and crank arms are 6-7kgs, btw you have to really tighten these or they will work loose.
The 46T that comes with it is too high, better with the 42T ring.
I think my kit came from the same place as yours, BTN? Did you deal with Amis? I found him 100%.
Only downside was i had to wait about three weeks for them to sort out a battery.

Can someone tell how or where to look for the date of manufacture on the Motor?
(Attached pic of the kit fitted)

...and your Display manual here ---> https://electricfatbike.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/c965-manual.pdf

Thank you for the manual, I already got it weeks ago but actually I didn't have time to read it and as I saw it's not the "same" since no wattmeter, I didn't read it.
It took 1 week to receive it, I wanted to receive it fast (even if I tried it only 2months after haha)

Unfortunately, no date on the motor.
kT8mxUY.jpg

lszySHO.jpg

I really doubt a counterfeit exists... lol

Wow ok, I read in the manual I can change PAS levels number by programming. I will do soon.
And I understood that the wattmeter is fake, it's not a meter at all but just a table inside who gives the watts number supposed to be consumed.

Anyway, thank you, I was afraid but now, i'm ok.

On many manufactured items , if the date of manufacture is not on a sticker, or stamped on the product, it is readable by knowing the serial number, but from the above post with pictures of the motor, it has 3 different numbers on it, so the seller could find out from the manufacturer and tell you, which is the serial number and when that number was manufactured. ( month and year ).

>

tommie said:
ScooterMan101 said:

As far as i can remember the motor and crank arms are 6-7kgs, btw you have to really tighten these or they will work loose.
The 46T that comes with it is too high, better with the 42T ring.
I think my kit came from the same place as yours, BTN? Did you deal with Amis? I found him 100%.
Only downside was i had to wait about three weeks for them to sort out a battery.

Can someone tell how or where to look for the date of manufacture on the Motor?
(Attached pic of the kit fitted)

Isn't it April 2015 ?
I saw on another topic, the 4 first numbers are date. 1504 = 15/04 = 2015 April (and both numbers on the motor and on the controller begin with these 4 same numbers)
It's okay because I bought it end of April/start of May. And obviously, they don't have any stock then it's difficult to get an old motor.

Cool :p
I tried to program it with success !!
I still dont have the PAS level 0 (only 1 2 3) and I didn't understand everything but with more reading, it should be good.
I don't know at all about chainring BCD, the stock one was bigger than the bafang's one and I don't need to go fast, just be able to climb hills without arrived totally wet... (it's very hot now)
I'll see later I just bought the cheapest bike I found at Tokyo haha and I need to remove a f**** rusted nut on my bike... :x (when we go to another country without our tools...)

Thanks for your replies!

change to 9 pas by inputting 0512 in the password area - it worked for me

read here http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=66143

alexis57 said:
Cool :p
I tried to program it with success !!
I still dont have the PAS level 0 (only 1 2 3) and I didn't understand everything but with more reading, it should be good.
I don't know at all about chainring BCD, the stock one was bigger than the bafang's one and I don't need to go fast, just be able to climb hills without arrived totally wet... (it's very hot now)
I'll see later I just bought the cheapest bike I found at Tokyo haha and I need to remove a f**** rusted nut on my bike... :x (when we go to another country without our tools...)

Thanks for your replies!
Why do you want nine PAS levels though? You do't get more performance. With three PAS-levels three equals nine if you have nine PAS levels.

Oh, I don't want at all 9 pas levels. I know the level 3 is equals to the level 9.
Just I don't know how to set the level 0, my display just allow me to set from 1 to 3.

Read through all of this https://electricfatbike.wordpress.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/comment-page-1/#comment-470

Haha it was the first page I read, and every other ones from the same website and even more...
I'll see today !

alexis57 said:
Oh, I don't want at all 9 pas levels. I know the level 3 is equals to the level 9.
Just I don't know how to set the level 0, my display just allow me to set from 1 to 3.

Oh, I see. Sorry. That's really weird.

I'm pretty sure the bafang bbs02 750w weighs about 4.2kg not 6-7 and definitely not 10kg! http://www.eclipsebikes.com/bafang-8fun-bbs02-drive-750w-motor-p-1100.html?osCsid=c23aa4d1b79b3b20614cca22ec3156b2

I've just purchaced this kit from eclipse bikes and so far done about 40 miles on it. Motor 4.22kg, crank arms are very light and the battery was about 3.7kg. The issue with the watt meter is present with my kit also. I emailed eclipse and they told me the new stock doesn't have this feature anymore but it does allow fun throttle control in any and all power assist levels including 0 which is nice. I'm not too bothered about the watt meter (given people think it's crap mostly) but I am looking at getting a power monitor of some sort so I can monitor how many amps are being drawn from the battery during use and to count up the Ah used for more accurate capacity monitoring. I've seen two that should do, one is much cheaper than the other though....£20 or £85! http://www.eclipsebikes.com/150a-high-precision-watt-meter-power-analyzer-p-1052.html?osCsid=c23aa4d1b79b3b20614cca22ec3156b2 http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=41&product_id=103

Your motor was manufactured on 24/04/2015.
The wattmeter on the 965 only displays the wattage being consumed at that instant so is pretty useless.

I use a GT power meter to track battery capacity and motor draw.
Less than £20 on ebay and only took 6 days from China.
Will post the link when on my laptop this evening.

I recently got a C965 from Em3ev. It also doesn't show the wattmeter, but if I push the ON switch 3 times while riding it will show the instantaneous watts at the bottom of the screen for about 3 seconds.

Back