Strongest chain and cogset for 7-speed middrive bke?

toxie

10 mW
It seems to me there's very little selection of components for 7-speed shifter bikes like my trek navigator 2.0.

Suppose you had a 7-speed with BBS02, money is not an issue and you wanted to upgrade your drivechain to something strong and durable. What components would you use, and why?

One of the nicer freewheels out there will be the IRD Defiant freewheels.

For chains I like the SRAM PC850 or PC870.

toxie said:
It seems to me there's very little selection of components for 7-speed shifter bikes like my trek navigator 2.0.

Suppose you had a 7-speed with BBS02, money is not an issue and you wanted to upgrade your drivechain to something strong and durable. What components would you use, and why?

I use a 12$ Shimano cogset 13-34 (no 11T!) and a 12$ Shimano chain. Money is not an issue the total bike is arround 2500$. If You want to spend some extra money you might go for an XT 8 Speed chain, I rather buy two 12$ chains instead and Change them more early.

The cheap steel Hardware is very durable and lasts longer than the expensive stuff.
The rest of the money I invested in an damped derailleur.
Sram 7-8Speed shifter with an shimano 10Speed damped derailleur works well. You don't need a front chainguide then.

Thanks everyone.

I ended up ordering a SRAM PowerGlide 730 12-32 cassette, it was the only one in stock at any of the shops I usually deal with.

Also went for a Wippermann conneX 8sE chain, since they market it as for middrive ebikes (though only to 250W), so it must be built for strength rather than weight.

Should be here by the end of the week, fingers crossed.

Is this the screw on type or the more common cassette?
I`m after the same upgrade only the older screw-on 7 speed.

Back