Bafang bbs02-750 48v on a 16'' folder bike, good idea?

nukezero

10 kW
Do you guys think it is a good idea to throw a Bafang bbs02 750w 480v on a citizen Tokyo 16'' folding bike?

Speed and compactness is the main priority :)

Goal is to reach 20-25mph minimum.

That depends if you want it to still being a folder bike :lol:
For frame strength there is not any problem.
I convert a very similar foldable bike into an 1000W EV (no chain) with a 48V 43Ah battery (10kg of battery).
it is just not reliable anymore to be easily transported if you doesn't go riding it :eek:

The frame look good for it, check if a bbs2 fits right

tokyo_400px_orange.jpg

Nobuo said:
I convert a very similar foldable bike into an 1000W EV (no chain) with a 48V 43Ah battery (10kg of battery).
it is just not reliable anymore to be easily transported if you doesn't go riding it :eek:

It has a sturdy steel frame and 6spd freewheel. if I pair it with a 52T BBS-02 750w, and 14T in the rear, I wonder if I could get at least 22-24mph. The biggest complaint on this tokyo is that people were saying its geared too low.

Nobuo said:

tokyo_400px_orange.jpg

wow 43Ah :O what kind of range do you get with that massive battery

Why not use the Seoul?
http://www.citizenbike.com/catalog.asp?product_category_id=1&product_id=48
The 20" wheels will give you an edge over the 16" wheels to reach 20mph.
Plus, it's 4 lbs lighter, same frame.
Beware: those bikes have six speed 14-28T freewheels.
You will want to swap out that freewheel for something that's 11t on the smallest gear.
http://www.ebikes.ca/fw7spd1132.html
I could not find a six speed 11-32 or 11-28.

try_all said:
Nobuo said:

tokyo_400px_orange.jpg

300km (186 miles) at 25mph. With a similar rigid frame, the battery contruction is complete made in order to minimize the energy losses. Also the motor into the 16" wheels

Y need 7Wh per kilometer

Nobuo said:
try_all said:
Nobuo said:

tokyo_400px_orange.jpg

300km (186 miles) at 25mph. With a similar rigid frame, the battery contruction is complete made in order to minimize the energy losses. Also the motor into the 16" wheels

Y need 7Wh per kilometer

thats F..kin awesome mate props to you.i was looking at this battery on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321862210818?euid=def8d9582c944d52a8c2d9a1aaee075e&cp=1

Do you think i can get atleast 200km with just throttle at 30mph? Im using a 1000w 48v ebay kit.

If the battery is made with high quality li-ion cells and the conductors has the enough quantity in every place, so it deliver close the power it has, so then you should ger that range.
I use also relatively high pressure on both tires, and I have no chain. All the train losses are from bearings basically

Does anyone know if the bbs02 fits the bottom bracket of the citizen folders? I have a system, but am hesitant to buy the folder in fear it may not fit.

Ekibevoli said:
Does anyone know if the bbs02 fits the bottom bracket of the citizen folders? I have a system, but am hesitant to buy the folder in fear it may not fit.
What does the BB widthe measure at? Link?

Back