INTENSE Tracer 275 with Tangent Ascent

Well...It happened...I got the bug...and I can't go simple...so here's my first E-project of my own.
Here's the basic recipe...more details if wanted
2015 Intense Tracer275A, base model with many upgrades...and more to come!
Tangent Ascent final production drive
Luna 52v20a 25R battery
Whole lotta excitement

Building now, charging battery up...hot damn it's really happening! :D :D :D

DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0002 (2).jpg

Above the triangle - Nice! What tooth crank/freewheel did you go with?

I'm starting with Dave's stock setup, motor drive 32x18, with 36x11-36 to the rear drive.

Yes. Yes. Yes. This is excellent! 8)

Are you mounting your battery to the frame? underside of downtube or have you managed to sneak it into the triangle?

It works!
Screams in fact!
WHOOT....muhahahahahaahahaha.....too fun!
Now if these storms would go away...shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Backpack battery for now...some kind of case mounted to the bike for longer missions.

DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0011 (1).jpg
DSC_0009 (1).jpg
DSC_0010.jpg

Awesome bro! Not only a very capable bike, but the tangent has gotta be the best weight/power ratio drive- this would be the setup I'd love to try. Have lots of fun on the trails and keep us informed how you like it and what potential buyers might wanna know!

Is that ride (minus pack) even over 45 lbs? I'll also be curious of power capability too and of course the vids I'm sure that will come!

41.7lbs...so rideable...not a tank when pedaling.
I ride downhill bikes too...but I wanted the lightest machine possible for this, and this Tangent is the lightest and most powerful I've seen.
The Tracer has a 66 degree head angle and a 13.5BB...6" in the rear and I'm adding the new 180mm Lyric when they become available here.
I think it will be pretty capable on the rough stuff...I throw it sideways EVERYWHERE and I am more nimble in the air on a trail bike like this.
I will be doing up something more DH specific towards the summer. :D

Informed buyers...I doubt I'll have many complaints, this thing is built beautifully and solid.
It came packaged extremely well and the guide on the website was perfect...not a single hiccup.
Dave answered soooooo many questions and was very helpful with even the silliest novice thoughts in my head.
I can't say enough good things about his customer service, top notch!

I'm gonna ride the piss outta this thing..so if there's a weak spot I'll find it....but it instills confidence from the start.

Tangent Dave's original build thread...
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=70099

Bruno's vid riding a Tangent...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ojifdokMKw

And the TangentMotors website...
http://www.tangentmotors.com

3210 for max range and plenty of power to climb anything on this one...i wanna self shuttle as many runs as possible.
I'm gonna do something more lethal with a Downhill bike this summer.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!! Love It!!!!!

Size large, 2015 Tracer27.5 aluminum.
I'm 6'2", 200lbs.
Fits perfect...but I'm still adapting as it's the first non-26 I've ridden in over a decade.

The mounting brackets leave 2 of the ISCG taps exposed, so I may still be able to add a chain guide or at least a lower roller.
But that got me thinking...chainguides, as much as I love em when they are working...can be a pain to install.

Install guide and crank...measure...remove.
Add washers...install guide and crank...measure...remove.
Try different washers...instal crank and guide...measure...remove.
Try different BB spacers...instal cranks and guide...measure...remove.
...repeat...
...repeat...
...eventually....bolt it all up in proper alignment...then realize I forgot to tighten a crank bolt that is now inaccessible...
...remove...tighten everything...remount....FINALLY be able to tune the drive train....fugginA.

This kit was TOO EASY to install...easier than a guide by far....prerfect spacing with no BB spacers...just stellar designing, props!
The motor's freewheel is PERFECTLY aligned with the cranks chainwheel...flows free like a river.
The chainline to the rear is justified slightly towards the smaller side of the cassette...not as bad as a triple ring's large ring...but not as good as a perfect 1x10 setup.
I think this is probably good for this bike as the larger cassette cogs will have extra tooth engagement, and the small ones are more direct...nuthin grindy anywhere.
Bolted up easy...the only issues were with my tight space I was trying to wad it into...but even that was breezy. :mrgreen:

How loud is it?

louder than a BafangHD, quieter than a drill...would be the closest I could say...not annoying, but audible.
I haven't riden anything besides the bafangs and this unit...so I don't have a wide comparison to offer.
It seems like most of the noise is from the dual chains spinning, the actual motor is rather quiet.

I'll make some GoPro vids when the weather will let me...with the case off so sound will be clear.

Sound...after another ride...i'd say a blender sounds right.
We use a Ninja blender to juice vegetables, this unit sounds very similar.
Out on the road, cars are way louder...i dunno how this compares to others.
Hope that helps.

is there any chance you could use something like this
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/decibel-10th/id448155923?mt=8
to give an idea on the noise levels?
After a bit of research I think the tangent kit is just what i am looking for, but the noise is possibly an issue as I live in a pretty high density area if I use it on any trails

Nice build. Had missed this somehow. Thanks!!

Had you considered the LR drive? Why Tangent?

So your at 52V. How many amps you hitting it with?

Tomjasz-
Lightning Rods was very high on my list, especially cuz we are in the same town.
They are a bit quieter with the belt drive and have plenty of power...but the size was the deterrent for me.
Having that much mass under the down tube made me uneasy.
The Tangent is the smallest, most powerful, and most durable design of all the mid-drives I had found and I could get it INTO the triangle.
Power to weight ratio...real big to me...wanted it to ride like a normal bike as much as possible.

DogBoy-
I would love to have answers and numbers for ya...but I rarely look at the screen when riding.
As I understand...the CA monitors all that, but I havn't taken the time to learn it's features yet.
When I twist that throttle...my eyes are glued to the road ahead...so far :p

hmmm CA is putting out serial constantly, logging it will provide these answers... working on a very cheap, light, small solution for this currently.

Cool. I plan on hot rodding my BBSHD with an external controller in a couple months. My goal would be to match the power of the Tangent (nothing I can really do about the weight) but with the noise level of the BBS. I gotta say that bike of yours is Bad Ass!!!

Back