Thanks for the heads-up on the image problems. This has happened a couple of times in this thread. For those interested in the details of posting links to Google Photos, read the rest of this posting, otherwise skip this posting (sorry for the off topic problem).
It is tricky to get the right URLs from Google that work for everyone. The pics looked fine to me so it is hard for me to tell there's a problem. I fixed them and verified from another account. Please let me know if it works for you now.
Here's what you have to do to embed the new Google Photo images:
1) Upload image to Google Photos. This happens automatically from a smartphone if you have it set up. If you set it for medium resolution there's no charge for the storage and adequate resolution, the new smartphones have far more resolution that needed for forums and web pages. If you set the uploads to "full resolution" it will charge the space against your 15GB free Google space allocation (or whatever Google allocation you have).
2) Go find the photo in today's Google Album and copy it to a Google Photos Shared Album.
3) Go to the shared album and view the photo there.
4) Right click on the photo in the shared album and select "open image in new tab". Don't skip this step.
5) Go to this tab and open it, point at the image and select "copy image URL" (or equivalent for your browser).
6) In the forum editor select "image" and paste the URL in between the IMG tags.
7) Look at the image size which is near the end of the long URL. If either value exceeds 800 adjust them downward to reduce image size. Keep them proportional to maintain the aspect ratio.
Preview the posting to see the image. It will view for you whether you inserted the public URL or the private URL if you are logged into Google (eg gmail, etc). To really check the image to be sure it is publicly viewable inspect it from another account or incognito browser that is not logged into Google.
My mistake a few days ago in this thread was forgetting to launch the image into a new tab, instead I grabbed the URL from the shared album, but without having launched a new tab. The URL is different and viewable only by me. Looking at the URLs I can't tell which is the public one and which is the private, so everything looks fine to me. I have to launch a different, non-logged in browser to fully test the posting.
Earlier in this thread the problem was that Google Photos was new and worked differently from the old Picasa that I had used before. So this thread got hit twice. Apologies for the distractions.
Now, back to ebikes.
Ride safe, have fun.
Choose appropriate safety equipment for your next crash.