PMG132 or AGNI Motor?

flashedarling

100 mW
I'm getting to the final stages before I go ahead and order my motorcycle parts. I know these typically aren't used on ebikes but I've seen both of these mentioned here before. In particular I've heard that the Agni is more reliable and more powerful.

Unfortunately I have no information to back that up. I've checked out the spec sheets on both and they appear near identical. With powercurves that are practically overlapping. As for reliability I'm having a hard time finding information other than I should remember to run the PMG CCW or risk burning it out. I also can't seem to find anywhere that sells the Agni, although I found the manufactures website I haven't emailed them about it as I'm hesitant to pay the shipping from india when I don't see the difference.

So could someone clear this up for me? Which is "better" I'm less concerned with tons of speed but I do want to cruise at 40mph and have a top speed of 60, which either of these seem perfectly capable of doing.

I've not looked closely at the specs, but are the efficiency figures identical? A few percentage points can make abig difference in the heat generated, and that's what generally kills these motors. I know that Jozzer here swears by the Agni, after trying both. It reportedly runs very cool. FWIW I've never heard of anyone breaking an Agni, but then the installed user base is probably a good deal smaller than for the Perm.

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7738&start=45

there's a few other threads, I suggest searching the forums first, and deducting for yourself which is best. Everyone is going to be biased towards what they use.... whether good or bad.

I love my Advanced DC 6.7" tons of torque!

Back