Golden Eagle Pulley

mechanix

100 W
I recently purchased a pulley kit from Golden Eagle bikes to use in conjunction with a brushless outrunner motor. The kit is still in the mail, but I'm starting on the fabrication of the mount for the motor. My question is: what are the dimensions of the pinion? I'm mainly interested in the width (to see how much length of the motor's drive shaft it will take up). I emailed Golden Eagle themselves but they never replied. So if anyone here has one of these kits a little help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Joel
viewbigimage.php

Probably get an answer from the motored bike forum under rack mounts. Heres a link
http://www.motoredbikes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

mechanix said:
I recently purchased a pulley kit from Golden Eagle bikes to use in conjunction with a brushless outrunner motor. The kit is still in the mail, but I'm starting on the fabrication of the mount for the motor. My question is: what are the dimensions of the pinion? I'm mainly interested in the width (to see how much length of the motor's drive shaft it will take up). I emailed Golden Eagle themselves but they never replied. So if anyone here has one of these kits a little help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Joel
viewbigimage.php

Watch out, the pulley has a threaded bore and you'd need at least an ~8mm axle if you were to drill that out. Which tooth-count did you get, I've got one of their pulleys & can measure it later today.

Off-hand though, it's basically just a standard HTD 5mm style pulley designed for 9mm wide belts. They're the only place I've been able to find steel pulleys though...

Back