Reduce noise brushless RC motor

Allinone

1 µW
Hi to all... From this forum i have start to build my personal version of Commuter booster.... I started from a brushless RC motor but is very noisy...

Is there a solution for reduce noise?
Thank

The bigger motors seem to be quieter, but I've not run that many.... Inrunners cost more and run faster (so need more gearing) but should be quieter I would think.
I ran a 63mm diam outrunner for quite a few years, it was quite buzzy but I got used to it. My present bike has a 50mm diameter motor & by comparison it's embarrassingly loud. A few years ago I made a 1 wheel electric trailer with a very small motor on, 33mm diam or so, that was horrific - high pitched too...
PS other reasons for running a motor that's bigger than you need - 1) bigger motors are more efficient 2) bigger motors need less reduction gearing
both sweeping generalisations of course :) A motor that's too big will still be pretty light and cheap - I just bought 2 "2kW" outrunners (190kV) for £25 ($32?) each, they weigh 670g

bobc said:
The bigger motors seem to be quieter, but I've not run that many.... Inrunners cost more and run faster (so need more gearing) but should be quieter I would think.
I ran a 63mm diam outrunner for quite a few years, it was quite buzzy but I got used to it. My present bike has a 50mm diameter motor & by comparison it's embarrassingly loud. A few years ago I made a 1 wheel electric trailer with a very small motor on, 33mm diam or so, that was horrific - high pitched too...
PS other reasons for running a motor that's bigger than you need - 1) bigger motors are more efficient 2) bigger motors need less reduction gearing
both sweeping generalisations of course :) A motor that's too big will still be pretty light and cheap - I just bought 2 "2kW" outrunners (190kV) for £25 ($32?) each, they weigh 670g

Where are those motors avail?

Here we go:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__51866__KD_53_30_High_Voltage_Brushless_Outrunner_190KV.html
I note the price is now higher than I said above at 44.5 dollars - I'll check exactly what I paid on my bill when I get home...

Much noise in rc motors comes from the squarewave they are driven with.
I experienced this when I ran my rv120pro (like a large rc motor) with my adaptto controller.

Tried both squarewave and sinewave, and the noise difference was big.
ANd I imagine that the sound would be even worse with higher rpm (smaller motors)
My old (and now retired) rc setup of a ~1kg 150kV HK outrunner + phoenix 160 did scream like a pig.
I can not say wether it would be a good idea to run smaller rc motors on sinewave, just stating what I experienced.

OK price for 2 motors + delivery was £66, but the delivery was by UPS who added £25 without any warning.
So I would say the motors were bought thinking they were £33 each but they turned out to be £45.50 each.
And it would have been cheaper to buy more expensive motors which are now in stock in their UK warehouse.
A lot cheaper
Thanks UPS thanks a bundle

I run friction drive 63mm sk3 motor with VESC in FOC mode. It is dead silent, super smooth and amazing response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back