Using the Bafang BBSHD without the display

Hi, does anyone have any experience, advice or knowledge about using the BBSHD without the display and control. I would like to de-clutter the handlebars.

I'm only planning to use the throttle and the built-in PAS. It would be an added bonus if I could program three PAS levels via a three-position switch, but not essential.

I think the most i may need is an on/off switch for the controller.

Thanks!

Have you looked at the C963 display, very compact & neat, buttons on the display itself so just a single cable.

To go 'headless' you could try getting a programming cable (just plugging it in would switch the unit on) and then see whether you get any PAS

It may start in PAS0 and wait for a 'message' from the display, in which case, use the programming lead to program PAS0 to the required power level.

Might work - Might not! (the motor-controller might need some sort of initialisation message from the display to do anything.)

3 position switch would require a little microcontroller to send the relevant serial messages to the motor-controller

Speady said:
The EggRider is out now.
It is an App and a Bluetooth dongle to replace the display.
And by the way, you can change any programming setting on the fly.

https://eggbikes.com/eggrider-v1b
Changing PAS levels on the move could be a pain in the butt on a smartphone though!

Back