BBSHD Error Code 08

d8veh

1 GW
I've just connected my new BBSHD. At the moment, I only have the LCD and the battery connected. I'm getting error code 08 after about 10 seconds. that's without doing anything (stationary). Any ideas before I contact the supplier?

I have 5v on the throttle connector.

I took the controller off and found that the hall sensor connector was not making good contact. They'd put silicone all over it, which seemed to be holding it out a bit. so i cut it all off. The motor's running now.

A friend had this problem once due to moist/dirt in the connector between the motor and the hallsensor. Unplugged it, used contact cleaner, and pluggd it and problem solved. Good thing to use heatshrink in the first place to keep the water out.. :)

I have this code 8 error 2 times on my BBSHD . The motor its new, I use the bike 2 days to go work, 14km one way , 3-5°c. I get to work, everything ok, after 9h, the bike sit outside, same temp, when I want to leave code 8 error. My friend push me with his bike so I don't pedal all the way back and after 2 3 km the error disappear and it work normally. I get home, after I make another 40km , everything ok.
Next day I go work, everything ok, untill it's time to go home, again error 8. This time the error didn't disappear and my friend help me get home. Later in the evening I try the throttle, it work.
After 1st day I cut the gray wire from PAS conector untill I order the parts for the throttle fix( it's my second BBSHD , first bike was stolen)
I can't explain myself what it's happening, the cold could cause this behaviour ?
Now the bike works but I don't want to risk again to go work with it

Back