difficulty engaging cyclone mode 3

cbobgo

1 mW
I have the Luna Cyclone 3000 mid-drive, and have read on the other threads about the 3 power modes, #2 is default, #1 is slower and #3 is faster. For some reason, even when following the directions other's had posted, all 3 modes seems to give me the same top speed.

We first tried installing a 3 way switch, but made no difference in any position. Then took off the switch and bipassed directly 1 wire at a time from the center to each side, made no difference. Then tried it again, this time using a 33 ohm resister one at a time to each of the outside wires and still it made no difference. Does anyone have any other ideas we could try?

- bob

Is that with the wheel off ground or while riding?

If it's while riding, perhaps you have a current limit somehwere that keeps it from being able to push any harder than at or below the lowest of the speeds? Or the battery sags in voltage so much that it effectively does th same thing?

If it's with wheel offground, then perhaps there is a speed limit set somewhere?

For my cyclone controller it was the pink wire to one of the black ground wires. You might not notice mode 3 if you're just spinning the wheel while in the air. On my controller/motor it takes a couple seconds for the higher speed to engage. It starts the same as mode 2 but after a couple seconds it speeds up even more when the wheel is in the air.

Thanks for the replies. I rode the bike in all the various combinations, not just spinning the wheel in the air, and noticed no change in acceleration or top speed in any position. Ive got a 48v 21 ah battery - it was maybe half discharged at the time - maybe I need to try it again fully charged and see if that makes a difference?

- bob

So I tried it again, connecting pink to black with a mostly charged battery, and there was def a difference. I accidentally pulled a wheelie when I started (which had not happened before) and Top speed was up to about 34 mph, previously had topped out at 28. So I'm pleased that it seems to be working. Thanks for the advice.

- bob

Back